X10Gaming - is it abandoned?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by mclove, Jan 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mclove

mclove New Member

I recently discovered X10Gaming and was looking for a free game server host for minecraft - because my mom freaked out when she knew I was running a game server.

I know it is out of beta, but when I sign up, it asks me for an invite code. I don't know how to sign up, due to me not having an invite code.

I own a website on X10Hosting, not going to specify the link because it would be considered advertising, it is a site for my minecraft server.

Is X10gaming still in the works or not?

If someone would be nice to give me a invite code, I also discovered the site by a youtube video.

Thanks.

2. GtoXic

GtoXic x10 Support

Hello,

Sadly, the x10Gaming project has currently been stopped as the hosting services like x10Premium and x10Free are currently taking priority over this project. I cannot currently say about any plans to continue work on x10Gaming until I can find out more.

3. Palmer640

Palmer640 Member

I'm not sure about the overall question aside from what was already said, but I'm curious... Why would your mom know or care that you had a Minecraft server running? The only reason I could think of would be if you guys had limited bandwidth.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  4. Livewire

Livewire Abuse Compliance Officer Staff Member

Many ISP's actually expressly forbid operating a game server on a home internet connection. While the odds of them finding out are relatively low, depending on provider the penalty can involve immediate disconnection of service, which would be a royal pain to fix.

5. chatngox

chatngox Member

If you are run a server, especially a game server the provider can really go up and suspend you.
    The site seems to have an error, /home/x10game/public_html/static/config.php on line 17.

6. cacamoto

cacamoto New Member

so this is it. I was wondering what happened to x10gaming not loading anymore. Sad news.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.