x10rewards - Domain

Flashgear

Reaction score
About a week go, i tried to cash in 9k points for a new domain - but its been a while, how long am i supposed to wait? , is the free domain just an incentive to post but you keep them waiting for ages?

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
No, we've just been busy. Someone manually verifies the credits and makes sure the user did not cheat or do anything bad to get them.

-Corey

DarkDragonLord

Reaction score
Now i understood why ppl say it takes a while to work. Manually o_O

well, at least i know flashgear got its points without cheating, he sold a steam acc if im not wrong ^^

Flashgear

Reaction score
Bah, i didn't cheat - Its taaaaaking ages :(

Also, i already got a top level domain on my account - i just want the domain
(if i'll get it) to re-direct to my site.

Flashgear

Reaction score
Okay, this has taken long enough i think, its been 3weeks now i think, nearley 4..

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
Okay, this has taken long enough i think, its been 3weeks now i think, nearley 4..

And tell me, where have you been in the last few weeks? Have you not noticed the problems and changes that have gone on around here? Corey posted last week when you first posted your message and said things have been busy and it has to be manually looked at and purchased.

Some people have waited a month or more for their domain during the bad times we've had around here. You are getting a domain name for FREE. ( Okay, you used credits you earned to buy it ) Still, its free. Have a little patience.

Corey is working as fast and hard as he can. I just think keeping the servers up and operational may be a tad more important that some forum rewards.

Flashgear

Reaction score
I'm sorry if it sounds like i'm being impatient, but i did post this thread about 2 weeks before the migration, and i left it a week after i even requested the domain, then posted a week after.

MSDynasty

Reaction score
And tell me, where have you been in the last few weeks? Have you not noticed the problems and changes that have gone on around here? Corey posted last week when you first posted your message and said things have been busy and it has to be manually looked at and purchased.

Some people have waited a month or more for their domain during the bad times we've had around here. You are getting a domain name for FREE. ( Okay, you used credits you earned to buy it ) Still, its free. Have a little patience.

Corey is working as fast and hard as he can. I just think keeping the servers up and operational may be a tad more important that some forum rewards.

I don't mean to be rude or anything by saying this, I am just posting my opinion. I do not think when users buy something like a domain with their points that it should be the last priority because "it is free". It is not free, he sold his steam account for his points and users who get their points by posting are taking their time to post and contribute to x10hosting. I've seen a lot of stuff about "We are doing this service for free and you can't be patient!?", we are contributing to you and taking you up on your offers and then when people wait a month for something they bought with "virtual points", post back in a month saying they never got their reward, you say they are being impatient. That's not right.

Flash has been patient for a month. I think a month is a lot of patience. How long does he have to wait? I really don't want to be punished for what I said, as it is my opinion and I have freedom of speech.

Last edited:

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
Flash has been patient for a month. I think a month is a lot of patience. How long does he have to wait? I really don't want to be punished for what I said, as it is my opinion and I have freedom of speech.

First off, lets get the numbers correct. I did some searching and found his domain request form. It was posted on 11-08. Today is 11-22. That is 14 days. 2 weeks to be exact.
That is half a month, not a month.

I never stated that domain purchases were "Last priority" but when you have a thousand people screaming about servers being down, a domain purchase can get lost in the shuffle of things. So please don't take what I wrote out of context. I said it wasn't "as important" ... if the servers crash, then there isn't much of a chance to get on the forum to get the form to be able to see what domain he wants.

MSDynasty

Reaction score
Well, I just thought that he said a month. I said "Last Priority" because basically it is somewhere at the bottom of the list, lost in the shuffle of things, as it were. I understand what you guys have to do, but calling him impatient is not right. I think he deserves to be thanked for being as patient as he is, and reassured that he will soon get his domain after the problems are all sorted out.