XAMPP mySQL to site connection timeout

Status
Not open for further replies.

wbcx10mx

Reaction score
Hi, I run a PHP script off of my computer to update a mySQL database on my website wbc.x10.mx

This script has been working correctly until today, without modification. As of today I receive this error:
Warning: mysqli::mysqli(): (HY000/2002): A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. in C:\xampp\htdocs\IBF Bot\analysis.php on line 303

The script, as mentioned, runs off of XAMPP on my computer, which is set to use ports 80 and 443 (I am aware of the blocking of non-standard ports). My IP is whitelisted in the mySQL remote access.

The website itself, including database functions, operates correctly.

I have checked firewall settings on my end and do not believe them to be an issue.

If anyone can indicate a possible solution that would be appreciated.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Remote MySQL is not available on free hosting, as far a I know, you can only connect to the database from a script within your account.

The fact you say it previously worked is odd, as it should not have.

@Dead-i Have I missed a changed in policy?

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Sorry, there hasn't been a change in policy here; we don't allow Remote MySQL on free hosting servers, and our firewall drops all connections through MySQL's port. If it worked, it was likely a temporary issue. We can't remove the "Remote SQL" button from cPanel unfortunately, due to some limitations there, so this can cause some confusion.

wbcx10mx

Reaction score
That's odd. It's been working for nearly a month. Thank you for the response.

Status
Not open for further replies.