xbox to pc

jenya

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to adapt an xbox controller to work on computer?

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Are we talking about the original Xbox controller or an Xbox 360 controller?

Zenax

Reaction score
You can buy adaptors for the xbox 360 controllers which enable you to use them for gaming etc on the computer.

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
The Wireless controllers for the 360 won't work with out the adapter they sell but the wired ones work flawlessly.

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
If you have a wired 360 controller, it is a normal USB and you can plug it in and use it (I don't know if you need drivers for it)

If you've got a wireless 360 controller, Microsoft sells some kind of gizmo that allows you to use it with your computer

As for the original XBOX controllers, I have no idea if they'll work.. you could try looking up for adapters/converters but once again I have no idea if they will work

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
As for the original XBOX controllers, I have no idea if they'll work.. you could try looking up for adapters/converters but once again I have no idea if they will work

I've actually made my original Xbox controller to work before. It's basically a USB controller with a different attachment dongle. It took a little time and some soldering but I successfully made it work. The drivers for it aren't the greatest though.

p0qnt

Reaction score
For the 360 you do need the MS driver. It's handy as all hell, though. Also, the dance pad w/ Step Mania is pretty snazzy.