Default Index Page- ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alanmp08

Reaction score
What do they mean by default index page- you mean primary url- because my index page is my primary domain- narutocp.exofire.net I am still confused about it.

-Genesis-

Reaction score
I think the default index page youy are talking about is the page that your browser is directed to when you type in your url with nothing after the first / (or ifyou don't use a / at all). This is usually an index.html page...

So for example, x10 hosting's default index page is what you see when you type:

http://www.x10hosting.com/

or

http://www.x10hosting.com

Hope that helped...

Last edited:

marshian

Reaction score
They mean the index page located at /public_html/ (or /www/)
(which is probably index.htm, index.html or index.php)

liamk12

Reaction score
your index page is a home page when you make your own homepage you could call it index and delete the other one and it will then show the one that you created as your homepage if you have not changed your index page it will be the default x10hosting one.

bugfinder

Retired
Reaction score
When we refer to the default index page, when you first get an account we provide a welcome page, its called index.html and can be found in your public_html folder - this is the page we mean

Alanmp08

Reaction score
bugfinder- i never pmed you what are you talking about??? and also how much times do you have to update i got suspened for not updating default index page- but i got unsuspended- but i need to know how many times to update it- like evry week, 3 days, or...

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
You just have to change the default page. Thats it.
No need to have to update your site after that. Just having a site showing other than the default one, is what we ask.

Alanmp08

Reaction score
I did- I changed it to my content- same background- different content- but i got suspended- now it ok but why did i get suspended in the first place then???

Last edited:

nana1002

Reaction score
im in the same case. I dont know why my account was suspended.
If it is because of the index page, i didnt know that was a reason to be suspended. I was working on oscommerce and thats why i havent work on my index page.
what i want to know is, if i can get my account active again and how?
Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.