New Premium Hosting + VPS Plans! (Coupons!)

allofus

Reaction score
Unmetered?

No, really how much space we have, or restrictions?

well.
according to dictionary.com
metered means "To supply in a measured or regulated amount"
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/metered

so adding the "un" to it would make it
"To supply in a un-measured or un-regulated amount"

xD, just thought I would throw that it for kicks
but really you would probably have maybe 100GBs atleast, I don't anybody that has that much data, unless you are hosting files, videos, so forth and so forth

and you got to remember, these are on a shared server, so if one guy decides to upload a whopping 1TB of 1s and 0s. then everybody else has to suffer to, because that guy just ate up 1TB of potentially your disk space

and Corey can always add/upgrade more HDDs to the data servers, or get a new server.

I communicated with Corey a week or so ago about this very question, not related to x10, but another host that was claiming to be 'unlimited hosting'.

Corey stated to me that he thought it 'bad for the hosting providers as a whole' when these claims are made yet not matched.

2. High Resource Usage Policy
Resources are defined as bandwidth and/or processor utilization. x10Hosting may implement the following policy to its sole discretion: When a website is found to be monopolizing the resources available x10Hosting, reserves the right to suspend that site immediately. This policy is only implemented in extreme circumstances and is intended to prevent the misuse of our servers. Customers may be offered an option whereby x10Hosting continues hosting the website for an additional fee.
http://x10hosting.com/tos.php

Resource monitoring is now back online. It is no longer including processes executing under users that we deem not applicable, such as cPanel.
Here are the guidelines which result in high system resource suspensions on our free hosting systems.
  • 25% CPU
  • 5% memory (eg 400 MB)
  • 240 seconds of CPU time per hour
  • 20 concurrent processes executing
If a user exceeds any of these limits for longer than 60 seconds, they will have a suspension applied to their account.
Most suspensions can be undone within the account panel.
http://forums.x10hosting.com/news-announcements/99095-resource-usage-monitoring.html

The second quote is in relation to 'Free Hosting' and was posted by Bryon recently... and I think it quite reasonable and generous so one can only assume that the 'Premium Hosting' will be at least as forgiving. As the article states however, to exceed said limitations would likely need a malicious or seriously erronous practice and there are several opportunities to rectify the issues.

I got my upgraded VPS, went from package 1 to 5...
The order was met in like no time at all, the extra IP I wanted has been allocated also, there are now 4 cores clocking at 2.5ghz each, instead of 1 @ 0.5 so now I have a server with 920mb ram to smare and an extra 1024 burstable to boot. Like OMG.

But, I did not just upgrade because bigger is better, have a need for extra resources so I can install more kewl programs. Mumble most likely, red5 server possibly too. Depending on their combined loads we may go for an IRC server also and try to tame that wild squid to protect the team from those wallies we all know so much about on the internet.

Not bad for $20.

I think I need to get out more because I am maybe a tad more excited by this new turn of events than I should be.
My team mates @ 4ALLofUS say I am turning into a nerd, I think they might be right.

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
quick question.

if i were to order a VPS now, and select bill by month
is there a way I can change when the month term is over, keep my rates, but change it to a different billing plan?

Coolmaty

Reaction score
Aw, i yet didn't receive reply for the ticket that i had posted many days back, don't know what happened:dunno:.

Well here ill write it.
I am from India, i tried and yet i am trying to register for premium hosting, but i am unable to do so. I don't have a Credit card so that i can register but i can do it through "Verified by Visa scheme". But after following all steps i see that i am unable to complete the transactions, due reason being Money not transferable:mad:.
But i am able to transaction in India, why not here?:rant2:
Darn it paypal never accepts any Verfied under Visa nor Master Cardss:mad:...

Admins/ Staff please do something for this, i am friggling out... I feel X10 Hosting the Best..."

Plans are going really good, i mean i see that prices+hosting+service =Roxxxx:thefinger

I hope ill get replies here....

Last edited:

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
quick question.

if i were to order a VPS now, and select bill by month
is there a way I can change when the month term is over, keep my rates, but change it to a different billing plan?

So you mean go from monthly to say yearly?

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
correct!

without loosing, the current rates you are paying monthly

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Aw, i yet didn't receive reply for the ticket that i had posted many days back, don't know what happened:dunno:.

Well here ill write it.

Plans are going really good, i mean i see that prices+hosting+service =Roxxxx:thefinger

I hope ill get replies here....

Hi,

Please email me corey[@]x10hosting.com and I'll be happy to help you.

-Corey

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
correct!

without loosing, the current rates you are paying monthly

Yes, we will allow this, but under one condition. You need to switch to the billing term you would like by next month for the same rates to take effect. If you want to go yearly in 2-3 months then the prices will be the current ones, not the special offer pricing.

mr kennedy

Reaction score
Space and BW now unmetered? WOW. I now have another reason to go paid with you guys :D