China Creates AIDS Vaccine

Chris Z

Reaction score
ya that's the optimistic keyword "if" lol i don't think this will prevent it at all, people don't wanna go and get another vaccine, and i don't know how much it costs, [soapbox]but the smart thing would just be not to have sex until you're married...but anyway [/soapbox]

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Really says something about the Chinese; Starting in 2003, and only spending what is equiv. to 12.5 million US. I think we're doing something wrong. I've heard of billions going into research for cures for such things as AIDS and other diseases. I hope they're successful.

Micro

Retired staff <i> (11-12-2008)</I>
Reaction score
But they probably had access to research from other countries too...

Knowing the UK government, they will put it out on the NHS... Which means free vaccine for meee.... =P

zeppfrog

Reaction score
Really says something about the Chinese; Starting in 2003, and only spending what is equiv. to 12.5 million US. I think we're doing something wrong. I've heard of billions going into research for cures for such things as AIDS and other diseases. I hope they're successful.

We're doing something wrong"? imagine... heres an example, go to the grocery store, pink lables everywhere right? You quikly glance at it, oh, breast cancer... you think, i buy pink products, they use some proceeds for research... wrong. now read the signs... to fund breast cancer "Awareness" . does that mean that part of the proceeds are paying for the pink boxes? you look at them and become aware, hey there's breast cancer.

OK, thats just garbage, for real, who doesnt know about breast cancer in the first place. And to even use "funding research" is another spiralling idiocy. They have been researching cancer how long now? since before anyone can remember. Now how many grants are given for that, plus all the fundraisers. Who would want to find and reveal a cure if there is so much money, and so many jobs depending on Research.

What are we doing wrong? We let the media, and politicians and lobbyists who advertise in a certain manner lead us like cattle to open our wallets so they can get fat.

What do we do to fix it... stop being led. Stop handing out to "non profit organizations" who use up all the funds in salaries, perks, parties, "company equipment", etc etc etc... and the people who are truly suffering are still going bankrupt at the hospitals.

Start forming philanthropic organizations in your community and help the people who need it, when they need it. Help that kid with the tumor down the street. A feel good donation to some huge conglomerate that has offices in every state and around the world really isnt going to hit home and help unless there is going to be some cameras to take notice and get them on the national news. Oh, say a hurricane, or tornado...

I got serious pessimism issues huh.

ah-blabla

Reaction score
We're doing something wrong"? imagine... heres an example, go to the grocery store, pink lables everywhere right? You quikly glance at it, oh, breast cancer... you think, i buy pink products, they use some proceeds for research... wrong. now read the signs... to fund breast cancer "Awareness" . does that mean that part of the proceeds are paying for the pink boxes? you look at them and become aware, hey there's breast cancer.

OK, thats just garbage, for real, who doesnt know about breast cancer in the first place. And to even use "funding research" is another spiralling idiocy. They have been researching cancer how long now? since before anyone can remember. Now how many grants are given for that, plus all the fundraisers. Who would want to find and reveal a cure if there is so much money, and so many jobs depending on Research.

What are we doing wrong? We let the media, and politicians and lobbyists who advertise in a certain manner lead us like cattle to open our wallets so they can get fat.

What do we do to fix it... stop being led. Stop handing out to "non profit organizations" who use up all the funds in salaries, perks, parties, "company equipment", etc etc etc... and the people who are truly suffering are still going bankrupt at the hospitals.

Start forming philanthropic organizations in your community and help the people who need it, when they need it. Help that kid with the tumor down the street. A feel good donation to some huge conglomerate that has offices in every state and around the world really isnt going to hit home and help unless there is going to be some cameras to take notice and get them on the national news. Oh, say a hurricane, or tornado...

I got serious pessimism issues huh.
Pessimism? Realism fits better. I don't see what the big problem with cancer and similar is. Yes, I know it can be painful/ horrible, even more so emotionally - I'm not trying to play that down. But the thing with life is we all die, whether sooner or later is not so big a difference. Instead of worrying about death, we might as well spend our time with others, communicating with others etc. We seem to worry so much about not living any more / not being fully healthy that we don't actually spend any time living, or at least not enjoying life. Why does everyone seem so glum nowadays? Get a smile on your face and start talking to people, anyone, everyone...

(And on the money issue, I really dislike the number of cancer fund-raising events you get in the UK nowadays, there seems to be hardly anything else going on, why can't people raise money for things like helping third-world inhabitants etc, allowing them to at least catch up on the "great" lifestyle we have, precisely because of exploitation rich nations carried out in the past.)

Last edited:

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
If this doesn't work, it wouldn't be the first time Chinese scientists have lied about discoveries. There was a huge scandal because they said they invented cold fusion in the 80's or 90's I think. It was totally bogus.

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
If this doesn't work, it wouldn't be the first time Chinese scientists have lied about discoveries. There was a huge scandal because they said they invented cold fusion in the 80's or 90's I think. It was totally bogus.

Lol. I don't think it worked. The thread was originally posted on 08-19-2006, 08:23 PM.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score

No. The idea of 'cold fusion' has been around awhile and the splash in the late 1980's was publication by Fleischmann and Pons of the University of Utah. It was never found to be 'bogus', but there were (and still are) questions about technique, results, etc. There is still some research going on.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
No. The idea of 'cold fusion' has been around awhile and the splash in the late 1980's was publication by Fleischmann and Pons of the University of Utah. It was never found to be 'bogus', but there were (and still are) questions about technique, results, etc. There is still some research going on.

Pardon me. This is what I was thinking of, it was a computer chip and not cold fusion:

http://www.abc.net.au/science/news/stories/s1639489.htm

I suppose I should have made myself an expert on the subject before besmirching the good name of the "Off Topic" forum with my incorrectness.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
If this is true, then I'd have to say that's quite a breakthrough. We'll have to wait and see if China is busted again, or if they did in fact create a new medication to fight HIV.

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Yea this is an old thread....so we guess it did not work...want my solution to getting rid of aids......( I am going to be as blunt as possible)

.......... kill, everyone that has aids...
...............then aids is gone?

Tell me if I'm mistaken....

Think of it this way....kill a couple million now....save a couple billion later...I like my solution.
Edit:
New solution....there is this lady...not sure on her name....but she proved that people get sick because of viruses...and such....well she also said that, if you can kill a bee with cell phone reception...you can kill a virus with electric shock....

well she tested her theory....and even made a special machine that shocks you...with the machine you determine how much you want to get shocked...(how many gighertz or whatever)...she found the gigahertz needed to destroy a bee, a ring worm and all these other things...that according to her, cause you to get sick.......

what happened to her?....5 days after her discovery, she was found dead, shot in the head in an alleyway ...that same day, her house burnt to the ground with her research and all that mumbo jumbo......case still hasn't been solved...forgot her name...but yea, who cares right...it's just a coincidence...

In my opinion, the medical industry WOULD LOSE BILLIONS, if specific cures were found....an example of this specific cure is.....the cure for HIV Aids...and even cancer....

Well I just thought it would go along with what this thread talks about....

Last edited:

ah-blabla

Reaction score
Killing people with aids doesn't destroy the virus itself, it just minimises transmission. I'm not sure this is a very ethical method though, it might be better just to castrate/? (There's no equivalent for women...) everyone with aids, which would stop the main transmission route - I don't think approval for such action would be high though.