The Best Mobile Device

knockoutjams

Reaction score
I know there exists alot of new mobile devices that do one thing that makes u go ga-ga...and then thats it. My aim with this thread is to narrow down the list to the best of the best. The mobile devices that do loads of stuff that make you go ga-ga.

I am a Nokia buff, I find that their new models are gud for an entertainement center and also business purposes. Their latest, the Nokia 5800 does it form me!

Others have preference for the Android enabled devices or the Iphones or the Blackberry. The question is why should anyone want to buy your favourite phone?

Is it the processor speed, the memory capacities, music and video enhancements, connectability, size, design...

Why is your mobile device the best ever?

Awesomexr

Reaction score
iPhone, well i've always been a fan of the iPhone range, i mean thier easy to use, the touch screen is great, the 3GS model is pretty fast actually. I pefer my iPhone to be jailbroken due to the added customizability, perhaps if it wasn't jailbroken i'd prefer another phone, but for now it's all good. It can play music very well - due to the inbuilt iPod, and the video plays pretty well too. I really like the fact that I can just go to the iTunes store from my iPhone and just buy whatever i want, wirelessly, and the same with the App store - I'm a fan.

The only downside of the iPhone is the battery and the camera. The camera is OK but i'd really prefer something like 5megapixels instead of 3. Nowdays most new phones like the Nokia N90 series have better cameras. Battery is a big issue; it runs out far too quickly while browsing/using apps/watching video.

kinley3

Reaction score
I love my BlackBerry Curve. For my needs (which are lots of texting, decent camera, notifications, calendar, Internet & playing music) it's perfect. And it doesn't cost $500. In my opinion it's just kind of a stripped-down version of an iPhone without a touch screen. I can't get into all the apps and stuff people use. I just use a handful.

So yeah, for my needs, it's the BlackBerry Curve all the way :)

alexandgruntz

Reaction score
I have a Samsung C5220. It doesn't need wi-fi, that's what my netbook is for. The phone can do everything I want - Internet access without wi-fi, texting, video calling, playing videos etc.

jdmphoenix

Reaction score
I just got the Driod from Verizon..So far i absolutely love it..The one thing that really got me considering it was that it has threaded text messaging. The battery life is ok..It could be alot better, but then again i was playing games all damn day hahah..

I like it that it has a psychical key bored..something i need...Even though it sucks haha

mr kennedy

Reaction score
Well as much as I drool over phones like the iPhone, the new Android-powered ones or the new Nokia N900, I still love my Nokia 5800 and in my opinion, you yourself are the one who makes a really good (or bad) experience out of your phone. Yeah it has a WiFi but that's why I got myself a laptop lol :p

knockoutjams

Reaction score
in my opinion, you yourself are the one who makes a really good (or bad) experience out of your phone.

I disagree with this statement. There are some manufacturers that still have not figured out how to make the user experience easy and enjoyable at the same time. Some will give you very powerful features and lack in the attractiveness of the user interface. Others will give you 262000 colours but forget to put in even the simplest of requirements like a fast enough processor and RAM to go with it.

Some times, the user has no choice but to be forced to use a really poorly done phone. Samsung for me, is still struggling with this. I am yet to find any model from them that is both enjoyable and ergonomic.

Zangetsu

Reaction score
i like my I-900 it has almost every thing i need blue-tooth, wifi over 24gigs of storage 5Mp camera, etc

the only problem ive had sofar is that it tends to freez up if you have a music library thats over 7 gigs in size or more then 1000 songs

the mobile came with windows mobile 6.1 and it hasnt crashed so far

vishal

-::-X10 Guru-::-
Community Support
Reaction score
Blackberry Curve- I give five stars for it, stunning features

csc2ya

Reaction score
I've got a Nokia N95. To sum up how I feel about it in three words: 'I love it'.

It was either the N95 or the iphone. After looking into both of them, most comparisons seemed to recommend the N95 over the iphone.

I've also hacked it to allow the installation of unsigned software, installed a custom boot screen, and I also have a developers certificate for it, valid for 3 years, meaning I can sign applications myself for it if I need to.

Battery life isn't brilliant nowadays, but as it's over a year old now, I wouldn't expect it to be.

I don't think i'll ever get rid of it.

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
I am looking forward for Google Nexus one. with 1GHz processor, 512MB RAM and 512MB Flash

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
My best Mobile device is Imate jamin.

It Runs Windows Mobile on It.

Last edited:

vishal

Community Support
Reaction score
One of my friends had his own game in ANDROID mobiles,he told me abt ANDROID and seems good

dharshan

Reaction score
Nokia was best in it's days, then came along Sony erricson with better balance in Communication and multimedia, Iphone is the thirsd to shake world of mobiles, (i had plans to buy one), but since the nexus one is out from google, I'm waiting for some reviews and real feedbacks from users...

vishal

Community Support
Reaction score
Sony Erricssons Yari gearing up its sale in market. User reviews five stars

knockoutjams

Reaction score
I think that there isnt much to expect from the Nexus. It is basically your round the mill iphone only branded by google. If you ask me, I do not think they have anything special in that phone that isnt already on the market. Lets wait and see.

hot100

Reaction score
I have to agree that Samsung on the whole had failed to develop an all-round enjoyable device. In fact, the only way they have manage to go around this is by creating the Omnia series which in themselves are based on windows mobile platform.

The devices are quite affordable and have specs like in-built memory of up to 16gb and extendable memories of up to 32gb. Their RAMS are between 128 and 256 mb.

The designs are slim and sleek and recently after comparing the i900 with one of the HTC, I had to give it up for Samsung. They are struggling but finally they are headed in the right direction.

knockoutjams

Reaction score
The Motorola Backflip got rave reviews at the CES 2010. I wonder if anyone has actually had a chance to play with it. What happened to the Nexus?

The Backflip being Android based should definitely give it an edge over the other products. But maybe its not all about the cool stuff that makes a phone WOW.

I am thinking, look at the Sonim XP3.2 Quest Pro. It is a pretty basic gadget in terms of functionality but it edge is in the fact that its a super rugged phone meant for the hiker or cliff hanger or mountain climber. It is shock resistive, extreme temperature resistive, water proof and alot more.

I think it could easily be your all round phone.

phazzedout

Reaction score
Helio Ocean (Pantech PN-810)

This was my favorite. I later lost my teen job and had to cancel but I loved this phone! Especially the community, people would hack it to make it run third party apps. I hear there is a second edition. I hope I can get a job to get one. That would be great.

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
I currently own a LG Rumour2, but if I could, I'd probably either get a blackberry or a HTC phone. I find that both have interesting features and android just looks awesome. One of my friend got an HTC recently, and I am amazed. The Nexus One will probably rock when it will be available where I live.