Just a suggestion for Chopin problem

eyemdee

Reaction score
I just wondered whether this migration might be easier for your staff to complete if members could select whether to have their accounts recreated "empty" so that they could reupload their web sites themselves. I would certainly be happy to do that if it made life any easier for you and you could perhaps start another thread to prioritise accounts prepared to lose their original site files and content.

My site files appear to have been transferred but are only accessible via FTP so there must be more work still to be done. Obviously I do not know the scale of the problem but this is just an idea...

Linkz0rs

Reaction score
The problem with that is some users don't want to re-upload their files, databases, etc.
Having to re-do everything could be quite a task for some users especially when you got a ton of files, and configurations set.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
The slowness is in the time it takes cPanel to create all the entries per account, the transfer of the files and such aren't a problem.

-Corey

libraire

Reaction score
I think I'm beginning to understnd why I can't get into C-panel !

Unfortunately I haven't got round to making a local mirror for the site, but I have got a database backup, so if the worst comes to the worst...

mc se7en

Reaction score
Is this the reason for Chopin's current downtime? I've been seeing a TON of downtime recently on Chopin. It's kind of irritating. It will all be worked out soon, right?

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
Is this the reason for Chopin's current downtime? I've been seeing a TON of downtime recently on Chopin. It's kind of irritating. It will all be worked out soon, right?

Yes you are right!

We hope chopin will back soon.. my Account is also on chopin ;)

eleljrk

Reaction score
Well, I can access my cPanel, Database and FTP (Or could for a while). But my Apache is down.

mc se7en

Reaction score
My site has been down for almost 24 hours. I'd like an explanation please!

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
My site has been down for almost 24 hours. I'd like an explanation please!

Apache's configuration must be reloaded after each account creation. We are running 4 similtanious transfers, therefore apache is almost down all the time, even with the systems we have in place to prevent downtime during reload.

mc se7en

Reaction score
There has been a LOT of explanation about all of this posted by the staff......

I know it's related to the switch to the new system. That's all I know. I'd like to know if there's any chance of my site coming back up this week!