Do you have any regrets in your past?

missmayqueen68

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I am new here and have had an idea or a website for quite sometime. I was hoping to maybe get a jump start on here before posting it, however.

The idea behind it is simply this: We all have hurt someone or done something that we regret. We all also have that BIG one. The one that keeps us up at night. We can't turn back time and undue it, but maybe we can do the next best thing? Maybe we can start taking the steps to fix it, or at the very least: to try our best and learn from it. I don't want an advice column, and I sure as hell don't want pity notes. I want raw, uncensored, repents. In letter form.

I.E.:

Dear (someone or something),

I'm sorry for (inexcusable act in some detail). This is why I regret it. This is why I need to fix it. This is how I plan on doing it.

Yours Truly,
Whoever.

We are told to look forward, to cherish the present, to never look back. But, maybe sometimes we need a healthy dose of the past. The past is how we learn, how we grow, how we evolve into the human beings we will become before we die. I am looking for a few letters.

Again I am not looking for pity parties, for people who are looking for some affection. I am looking for honesty and fair self awareness of our actions.

Please feel free to e-mail me at MissMayQueen@yahoo.com I would prefer if you not used your real name. Inner reflection tends to be less bias when accompanied by anonymity.

This is not based upon religion, gender, ect, etc. There will be no judgment, and no means of payment for your time and/or use of your letter. By sending me your letter you agree to give me full ownership of it and may not post it anywhere else. This is supposed to be therapeutic. Your e-mail address will be kept only to me and not the public, feel free to create a new one just for the letter if you wish. I will e-mail you back if I feel there is sincerity in your letter. Please title the subject "Atonement".

I will not respond to letters posted on here. I will respond to questions on here, but would prefer if you sent one via e-mail for a more timely response. Please title subjects for questions "Atonement Q&A".

Thank you for your time.

aaroncdcalcala22

Reaction score
In this life I don't regret anything.

The good things I did were usefull for me or for someone else, and the bad things I did served me as a lesson. Notice that "good" and "bad" things are relative to my point of view.

So yeah, I don't have anything to regret in this life.

missmayqueen68

Reaction score
In this life I don't regret anything.

The good things I did were usefull for me or for someone else, and the bad things I did served me as a lesson. Notice that "good" and "bad" things are relative to my point of view.

So yeah, I don't have anything to regret in this life.[/QUOT]

I feel as though you are either getting the point of this exercise to a T or that you are not understanding it at all.

You see, regrets are an essential and unavoidable part of our past, present, and future. In our regrets we form moral value, logic, and a better sense of who we are. Without the feelings of guilt, regret, and remorse, how can you be certain that "the bad things" you did were "bad", and "the good things" were "good"? By what society has taught you growing up? Mom, dad, teachers, and elders a like? We don't learn simply on external conflict alone. We need to experience internal conflict in junction with external conflict to form an opinion, emotion, and ultimately a personality.

Furthermore, how can we define "good" and "bad"? What constitutes "good" people from "bad" people? Or "good choices" from "bad choices"? Outcome? Emotional value? Or is it something deeper? There is always the prevalent problem of nature VS nurture as well.

With the little information you are giving me, I can only assume you are looking at good and bad in equation from.

I.E.

Good things you did = useful for yourself and others
Bad things you did = a lesson well learned

Assuming Good is not equal to Bad, you are implying a lesson is not useful. Or you are implying that Good and Bad are equal.

I realize I may sound as though I am bashing you, and that is not my intent. I am trying to prove that these are all reasons as to why I am interested in these letters, and there are many more. Empathy is a beautiful thing and it does beautiful things for others.

A regret does not necessarily have to be defined as something we wish would or wouldn't have done, but perhaps as the area between the person you were before and the person you are now.

Last edited:

rohit.shind198935

Reaction score
Yes, I don't regret.:smile:

article2498

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I am new here and have had an idea or a website for quite sometime. I was hoping to maybe get a jump start on here before posting it, however.

The idea behind it is simply this: We all have hurt someone or done something that we regret. We all also have that BIG one. The one that keeps us up at night. We can't turn back time and undue it, but maybe we can do the next best thing? Maybe we can start taking the steps to fix it, or at the very least: to try our best and learn from it. I don't want an advice column, and I sure as hell don't want pity notes. I want raw, uncensored, repents. In letter form.

I.E.:

Dear (someone or something),

I'm sorry for (inexcusable act in some detail). This is why I regret it. This is why I need to fix it. This is how I plan on doing it.

Yours Truly,
Whoever.

We are told to look forward, to cherish the present, to never look back. But, maybe sometimes we need a healthy dose of the past. The past is how we learn, how we grow, how we evolve into the human beings we will become before we die. I am looking for a few letters.

Again I am not looking for pity parties, for people who are looking for some affection. I am looking for honesty and fair self awareness of our actions.

Please feel free to e-mail me at MissMayQueen@yahoo.com I would prefer if you not used your real name. Inner reflection tends to be less bias when accompanied by anonymity.

This is not based upon religion, gender, ect, etc. There will be no judgment, and no means of payment for your time and/or use of your letter. By sending me your letter you agree to give me full ownership of it and may not post it anywhere else. This is supposed to be therapeutic. Your e-mail address will be kept only to me and not the public, feel free to create a new one just for the letter if you wish. I will e-mail you back if I feel there is sincerity in your letter. Please title the subject "Atonement".

I will not respond to letters posted on here. I will respond to questions on here, but would prefer if you sent one via e-mail for a more timely response. Please title subjects for questions "Atonement Q&A".

Thank you for your time.

hahaha i think my karma is killing me , cause i guess iw as terrorist in past life, now this life everythings sucks!

jackibees55

Reaction score
Well, a knee-jerk reaction without thought would be for me to say that my one biggest regret in life is having married my first wife; however, were it not for that, I would not have gotten divorced, would not have had to work part-time at a local store to help pay bills from giving all my money to my ex (child support & alimony), and therefore would not have met the divorcee who also worked there and is now my loving wife!

So, in the end, good things always seem to come from bad things, so you have to keep it all in perspective. :cool:

FrozenTime

Reaction score
Hmm, I don't exactly have any major regrets, and this isn't exactly something I've done to hurt someone, but I wanted to rant, and decided to use this topic :shifty:

000webhosts. I've read around and they seem to have bad reputation, but I kept one of my sites there anyways, despite hearing a bunch of warnings against it. Anyways, my site was deleted due to "inactivity" and I was given no warning like they said they would give. The site still had around 3 active members, and that should have been more than enough. So anyways, I don't make any edits to the site in 2 weeks, and then I'm about to when I found out it was completely deleted (I was already suspicious of their policy before, so I asked on the forums. The admin said that there would be a 2 weeks notice prior to deletion. Funny thing is, another site I had on there (basically a test site) that I haven't even touched since I made it, nor did I ever make it public, was never deleted due to inactivity. Well, I did make back-ups manually every time I made major edits, so that only sets me back a month of work...

Morale of the story? If you hear warnings, you should probably heed them completely and not partially :shifty: