Unable to access my account

Status
Not open for further replies.

vijay01

Reaction score
I'm unable to access my website. I tried to create a new account but the new registrations from India are disabled. Please help me get access to my account or atleast allow me download the contents of my website.

vijay01

Reaction score
Thank you for the quick response. My account is www.vijay.x10.mx

When I try to login, I get the following response.
There's a Problem
Unfortunately we were not able to find your hosting account.

Your account may have been:

• Removed for inactivity; or
  • Suspended and removed for a Terms violation; or
  • Requested to be deleted.
The good news it that you may sign up again now.

Please help me in retrieving my account.

ace_case

Reaction score
Thank you for the quick response. My account is www.vijay.x10.mx

When I try to login, I get the following response.
There's a Problem
Unfortunately we were not able to find your hosting account.

Your account may have been:

• Removed for inactivity; or
  • Suspended and removed for a Terms violation; or
  • Requested to be deleted.
The good news it that you may sign up again now.

Please help me in retrieving my account.

Ok, if you're getting this page, it's too late to recover your website. It may have been deleted due to a TOS violation, or inactivity, but either way, it's gone. Since registrations from India are disabled, currently your only option is to sign up for x10premium hosting. (Or x10vps). I don't know if the staff will make an exception since you had an account before it was disabled, but I wouldn't count on it. Alternatively, you can keep checking https://community.x10hosting.com/threads/country-restrictions.166022/ to see if your country is able to register again.

vijay01

Reaction score
I haven't received any email regarding the violation of TOS. It may be due to inactivity for a long time. Is there a way to atleast download the contents of my website? I' m not willing to go for a premium account.

vijay01

Reaction score
Oh my god. I have lost a really valuable content. Finally I realized the devil in free account hosting. I should have heeded to my friend's suggestion to go for a paid service.

ace_case

Reaction score
Oh my god. I have lost a really valuable content. Finally I realized the devil in free account hosting. I should have heeded to my friend's suggestion to go for a paid service.
To be fair, I don't think there are any free hosts that will provide back ups if a site were deleted. It's honestly to be expected. Why should the host go through the trouble of using their resources to back up hundreds of user accounts, just in case one of them is inactive, and needs a backup after their account is deleted? Do note, x10premium doesn't have an activity requirement, so if you were to sign up, you wouldn't have to login monthly.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score

Hate to be harsh, but others might read this and learn...

The rule is to log in once every 30 days. If suspended, it then takes 21 more days to delete the account.

That is 51 days. More than 7 weeks.

1. Really valuable content should be backed up and saved at a different location, ie your personal computer, a flash drive, or sent as an attachment in an email to yourself. Even if you are paying big money and the company offers their own backup plan. "Stuff happens".

2. Really valuable content should be worth 5 minutes every 30 days to avoid suspension.

3. The site was suspended for 3 weeks before deletion. You never visited this valuable site once in three weeks?

4. Yahoo and Google both have Calendar features attached to their eMail accounts. Set up an alert that goes off every 3 weeks and sends an email to an account that YOU ACTUALLY CHECK REGULARLY. Alerts sent to an account you check once every two months are worthless.

5. There are pluses and minuses to Free Hosting from any provider. Backups and minimal requirements (signing in) are not that big of minuses.

Last edited:

vijay01

Reaction score
To be fair, I don't think there are any free hosts that will provide back ups if a site were deleted. It's honestly to be expected. Why should the host go through the trouble of using their resources to back up hundreds of user accounts, just in case one of them is inactive, and needs a backup after their account is deleted? Do note, x10premium doesn't have an activity requirement, so if you were to sign up, you wouldn't have to login monthly.

True that they cannot backup all free accounts, but I think that they should atleast backup just before permanent deletion. I know that it is my mistake to not take the backups regularly.

ace_case

Reaction score
True that they cannot backup all free accounts, but I think that they should atleast backup just before permanent deletion. I know that it is my mistake to not take the backups regularly.
The way they see it, your account is only deleted if it's inactive (Or another TOS violation). Why make a backup of an account that hasn't been touched in over a month? It makes sense to you since you need a backup, but not everyone who's account gets deleted due to inactivity ever come back. How long should they hold the backups? You had over a month to get on your account, and another 3 weeks to see it was suspended. As far as the system knows, you aren't ever coming back.

Status
Not open for further replies.