Account Limited but don't know why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

infin124

Reaction score
Hey guys out there. I love the services you are offering. I am running mediawiki after adding my domain as addon. But its showing that there is everything limited..
Limited diskspace , cpu resources and all..
Please guys , help me figure out how to solve it.
website : wikipedia.eu.org I am an admin of en.wikipedia.org as well and i have rights to use this name and all design and icons...
I am working hard to make it a good site and there are many people ready to donate if this site becomes a bit better.
Please help me x10hosting guys so that i can later buy your premium services once i start earning from my website and from the content i post on it..

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
New accounts have a 512 MB disk space limit; you may apply for unmetered (not unlimited) space once the account is 7 days old, provided that you are already using at least 50% of your original allotment and the account is fully compliant with the terms of service. CPU usage will remain limited; there is absolutely no reason to believe that a free hosting plan offered by anybody is going to be equivalent to a dedicated server - you're sharing a server with many, many other users, and you can't prevent them from using their fair share of resources. As well, there are limits on media files in Free Hosting (files larger than 10MB are auto-deleted after four hours; there's a 500MB cap on total media).

Free Hosting is not a "test drive" of the paid services. And if you're expecting anything like Wikipedia-level traffic, "paid services" is going to mean several dedicated servers with load balancing in addition to multiple terabytes of space. The only way that's going to be free is if you can find an organisation willing to donate it to you specifically; it won't be part of anyone's normal free offering if you aren't looking at an ad-supported venue like Wikia.

Status
Not open for further replies.