ACCOUNT NOT ACCESSIBLE FROM ANOTHER COUNTRY

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpx10bza

Reaction score
Dear, I am travelling mostly between different countries. while I was in spain, I created a free account and did some uploads, etc. when I moved to another country when I gonnan login, I got this page, and now even the account going to be deleted because of inactivity.

---------------
Halt! Who goes there?
We've detected that you are signing in from a country that is different from where your account signed up. Your sign-in is from Belgium while your account was registered from Spain
Please get in touch with us if this is a mistake.
-----------------------------------------------------
best regards

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
x10hosting has a whitelist and blacklist of acceptable countries that can use the x10hosting free hosting service
x10hosting has only a "White-list" - if you IP's country code is on it you can open a free-hosting account

here is a link to a post with the same issue - BUT both countries are on the "White-list"... they are #1 and #2 on the list
--> [ https://x10hosting.com/community/threads/change-sign-in-location-warning.197816/ ]

IMO - x10hosting now has a firewall on users (us) accounts that block users from logging in - while using any IP that has a country code that is not the same country code that the account was setup (open) with

Last edited:

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Think about it: users moving to a different country after signing up is a much rarer phenomenon than people trying to get an account by asking somebody in a whitelisted country to create one for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.