Disabling Mod_Security for the usage of "MyBB!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

bostonro

Reaction score
Hi all,

(again) I seem to be experiencing another issue, this time regarding receiving the following error (or something not to dissimilar, such as when trying to edit a post - error 403)

I can post if i create a post and type in it a single letter (not tried anything else, excluding what I actually want to post, which doesn't work...) I have been searching around and all I can seem to find is either it is related to plugins, well i have none, and / or Mod_Security, I believe it is disabled in the ".htaccess" file, which is also show below, I did notice an additional file related to ".htaccess" called, ".htaccess-nginx" (I have renamed them both to ".etc")

If it makes any difference I do have a ".htaccess" file in my root "public_html" as it was found to resolve an error, from a previous thread.

The URL is: Boston Rowing Club - Forums (www.resources.bostonrowingclub.x10.bz)

Regards.

403 Error.PNG

.htaccess.PNG

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
Mod_Security, I believe it is disabled in the ".htaccess" file
only Admins can adjust [ mod_security ] for free-hosting accounts - we (users) can not use a [ .htaccess ] file to disable or adjust it

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

By default we have a rule in place that stops people posting 4 or more URLs, to help prevent against spam bots. I disabled that rule for your account; please try again.

Thank you,

bostonro

Reaction score
Hi,

By default we have a rule in place that stops people posting 4 or more URLs, to help prevent against spam bots. I disabled that rule for your account; please try again.

Thank you,

Thankyou, the issue is now seemingly resolved!

bostonro

Reaction score
Hi,

Thank you,

Thankyou, the issue is now seemingly resolved!

Status
Not open for further replies.