Issue connecting to localhost

Status
Not open for further replies.

jordanc5

Reaction score
Hello I am currently having an issue with connecting with my database that I have made through the phpMyAdmin here on x10hosting. I am currently trying to set up my dbinfo.inc file to be able to serve as the connection file to connect to my file, but when I test one of my files I end up getting a connection timeout error as it won't connect to MySQL. Is there any way that I can resolve this issue, as the information that I was using to attempt to connect to my database was the information that is provided from the connection information from the ftp users table on the x10hosting basic theme.

I then also tried to create a connection through local host as well, but I end up getting the following error on any file that I try to test through the localhost:
http://imgur.com/a/U94Nj

I can provide more details and or files/screenshots if needed.

Last edited:

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
issue with connecting with my database that I have made through the phpMyAdmin
-
make sure that any database and database users you have created have been made using the cPanel's database wizard - otherwise you will not own it or have access to it - phpMyAdmin will allow you to create a database - but you will not be able to access it

note that you can not create a database directly through cPanel's [ PhpMyAdmin ] due to the lack of user privileges
###

jordanc5

Reaction score
The database that I made for my remote site was made through the cPanel x with the MySQL database wizard. I only set up the tables for the database with the PHPmyAdmin. However if I test the connection for the remote site I keep getting a "cannot connect to MYSQL" connection timed out error, and when I test the localhost I end up getting a page saying "object not found". I am using the information that I have gotten off the x10hosting basic theme control panel and the remote connection is not working. As well as testing through putting the files from dreamweaver onto my localhost test site is also not working. So confused to what the issue could be.

Attachments

• localhost screenshot.jpg
    localhost screenshot.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
...if I test the connection for the remote site I keep getting a "cannot connect to MYSQL" connection timed out error
-
due to the large abuse and security risk - x10hosting's free-hosting accounts do not have remote MySQL database access (both incoming and outgoing from the account) - x10hosting's firewall blocks all remote database access
###

jordanc5

Reaction score
-
due to the large abuse and security risk - x10hosting's free-hosting accounts do not have remote MySQL database access (both incoming and outgoing from the account) - x10hosting's firewall blocks all remote database access
###
So because of this there's no possible way for me to connect to the database that Is setup from the sql database wizard?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
As long as the script you need to connect the database is located in your account with us, it should work. Given you put the correct details for connecting into the script.

We're not a database host, we provide the option to have a database that you can use with a site hosted at our servers only.

jordanc5

Reaction score
The site I have was made through x10hosting.com, along with the database. The script was uploaded to my folder for my PHP named dbinfo.inc, and included all of the information from the x10hosting basic theme page. However when I attempt to connect to the database that I created from the phpmyadmin at x10hosting it won't connect. So I can't connect to this database at all, or is it a problem with the information in my dbinfo.inc file? I am using all the information from the ftp users tab connection information on the basic theme control panel.

jordanc5

Reaction score
In addition the connection script is in the same folder as the file I am trying to sync up with the database as well

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
ftp user and database user would not be the same per se, so using information from the ftp users tab is likely not gonna work

host should be: localhost
databasename: yourcpanelname_dbname (as seen under datbases tab)
databaseuser: yourcpanelname_dbuser (as seen under datbases tab)
password: what you gave the dbuser when creating it

jordanc5

Reaction score
ftp user and database user would not be the same per se, so using information from the ftp users tab is likely not gonna work

host should be: localhost
databasename: yourcpanelname_dbname (as seen under datbases tab)
databaseuser: yourcpanelname_dbuser (as seen under datbases tab)
password: what you gave the dbuser when creating it

Also tried this previously and didn't not work. Ends up giving me a "connection timed out" message as well.

gdickx10

Reaction score
It looks like the Mysql Server is down if you are on the same server that I am on. There has been many posts on this issue but no answers on issue from the support team yet. I notified them at 8PM CST yesterday still waiting to hear back from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.