Created subdomain but x10hosting refuses to install new website into it

Status
Not open for further replies.

rejectli

Reaction score
What I wanted to do was create a new domain, but during the process of doing this x10hosting told me I have to first create a subdomain.

So have created a subdomain, but only get as far as the first page of creating a website to go on it.

Get this error:
PHP version is less than the required 5.6.0
Do you wish to enable PHP 5.6.27 ? (Might cause issues with your existing installations).

I select the checkbox to say I want to update it but when clicking next it just comes up with the same error.

This error is surprising because the domain that has PHP installed is very recent and was setup by x10hosting, so should have up-to-date PHP.

I am also concerned that even if I manage to get this subdomain working there will be problems caused by trying to redirect to it so that it behaves like a real domain, which is what I want.

rejectli

Reaction score
Just did a PHP version query and it says that it's using
PHP Version 5.5.38

I installed this about a month ago using x10hostings account setup process. Do I need to do a manual update of the PHP? If so, how do I do this?

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
Do I need to do a manual update of the PHP?
-
at [ cPanel-x3 theme ] ( not x10hosting Basic) home page --> Software and Services --> Select PHP Version (pull down) - will list which PHP versions you can set for your free-hosting account - on my free-hosting server [ xo3 ] is up to 7.0
###

rejectli

Reaction score
Wow thanks bdistler! I wouldn't have found that in a million years cause I used the x10hosting Basic theme.

Status
Not open for further replies.