A records

Status
Not open for further replies.

style888

Reaction score
What must I place under A Records?

My DNS host/registrar does not allow nameserver NS1 and NS2 records to be filled-in. Only A Records.

Please help. Thanks.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
You do not have a Free Hosting account linked to this forum account.

You need a Free Hosting account set up first, so you know what server you are on, so you know the IP.

time88

Reaction score
I apologize with all due cuteness and respect.

This is my other account. I forgot my last was already disabled due to inactivity. Please help me with the A Records. Thank you.

I need to add a domain, and the registrar is asking for A Records.

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
You won't be able to add the domain unless you can set the name servers, so if there's no place in your domain administration where you can set them your self that means you may need to contact the registrars support and have them set them for you.

As of now just an A record won't do, the reason you need to set the name servers before adding the domain is to ensure you are actually the owner of the domain, to prevent abuse.

Last edited:

time88

Reaction score
Hello again. What an adorable hamster you've got there.

This is what your CPANEL says:

Using nameservers with the following IPs: 85.214.136.249,217.199.176.121,88.198.132.99,217.68.243.19 Sorry, the domain is already pointed to an IP address that does not appear to use DNS servers associated with this server. Please transfer the domain to this servers nameservers or have your administrator add one of its nameservers to /etc/ips.remotedns and make the proper A entries on that remote nameserver.

The domain is currently hosted by CloudFlare.

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
Hello,

At this time, your only option is to switch the nameservers over to ours to prove you have ownership of a domain, as Anna has stated above. We will not be making configuration changes to the server to allow for A records from remote nameservers as this would circumvent the reason we require you to set nameservers to begin with (abuse).

time88

Reaction score
These are the screencaps from my main registrant:

dns_error1.jpg

dns_error2.jpg

I tried placing your ns1 into the Main Registrant itself and not via Cloudflare.

Please tell me what is wrong?

Last edited:

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
You may need to contact your domain registrar for assistance in doing this, as this is out of x10Hosting's control.
However, our nameserver info is at http://x10hosting.com/wiki/Nameservers (including IP addresses) if it helps.

time88

Reaction score
You may need to contact your domain registrar for assistance in doing this, as this is out of x10Hosting's control.
However, our nameserver info is at http://x10hosting.com/wiki/Nameservers (including IP addresses) if it helps.

Is there a way for me to input A records to them instead of NS1 and NS2? They allow A Records, CNAME and MXRecords. If so, what is the A Record and IP I must place for my registrant?

Am I obliged to transfer the Nameserving completely over to x10? Wouldn't it declog your DNS service if others would nameserve for you instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.