(Almost) All my files are missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

slane

Reaction score
My site was deleted in the recent cafuffle so I posted a support ticket.
I was told to list the files that were missing.
I responded that I couldn't possibly list all the files in a joomla installation, of which there are thousands.
And then the ticket was closed.
I've reopened the ticket. Guess I just have to cross my fingers, hope I get my site back and do my own backups in future.
My site is at http://samstuff.x10hosting.com
You can see its pretty pointless at the moment.

Last edited:

slane

Reaction score
Oh thanks! I didn't see the issue with the backup server. Will take a big calming breath now. Lesson learnt .. keep my own backup!

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I download backups of all my site data on a weekly basis, and the database is taken once to twice a day, and then uploaded to an off-site backup, should my site break while I'm not home for an extended time.

zubair12

Banned
Reaction score
You are right your site will never break...

did you manualy backup your database and file or automatically

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
You are right your site will never break...

did you manualy backup your database and file or automatically

I do it manually. I'll use the cPanel File Manager to Tarball my website, and then I'll download the Tarball file via FTP and then delete it from my public_html folder. I also download the files raw via FTP. The database, I dump it straight as a .sql file so that I don't have to extract it to get to the database (which can also add in the factor of the risk of corruption), and I can simply go to notepad, grab parts of the database that I need and import it if needed. At my connection speed, I can have my site fully backed up within 3 minutes (given I'm not FTPing the files file by file).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.