CakePHP: 404 Not found error

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeroark

Reaction score
Hello everyone! Today I've been trying to install CakePHP for a while and got a "Not found" error. For some reason, but the folder specified in that error it does exist and it can be directly accessed (But it won't load anything, since there was no controller nor view created).

When accessing the index of the main application, the site will load, but - for some reason - the CSS, won't load correctly as well (For some reason it resolves the location as the root folder)

I've been reading some tutorials about modifying the .htaccess files, because for some reason it sometimes won't work. And it was still the same so, I was wondering, if anyone around here could successfully install and run the CakePHP Framework into their x10Hosting account, and if so what are the steps needed.

I'm running on a CakePHP 1.3.6 Stable version, recently downloaded and just installed - No modifications made - and tried several modifications to the .htaccess located in app/webroot (Most of tutorials point to only modify that one)

Uhm ... And well, that's all. Thanks for your time n_n

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
I think the problem is that the webroot variable is improperly defined in app/controllers/app_controller.php, as said on http://rain-chronicles.net/cakephp/app/webroot/

If you define this properly, things should load. I think that in this case the webroot is the path from anything below your public_html folder, not from the actual root of your hosting account. For example you have it installed in /cakephp/app/webroot, so I think this would be your webroot. Try it with and without the slash before cakephp.

There are lots of hits on Google about it....http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&expI...akephp+web&gs_rfai=&pbx=1&fp=f8d6fd944fbe01e9

Last edited:

zeroark

Reaction score
Hello!

Thanks for pointing that out. I found out this tutorial and applied the correction and it worked, but partially. With partially I mean that the "virtual" location for my CakePHP application will load normally now. But it won't load the CSS, Favicon or the other items, because the application root - for some reason - resolves to the cakephp folder, not the webroot. Now, if I go to the real address, the locations will load. That's the main problem I'm facing right now. Any ideas?

By the way, is mod_rewrite enabled? Because it looks most of the CakePHP configuration relies on this so, I wanted to ask this in order to try some solutions or not.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

zeroark

Reaction score
Well, I managed to fix it. Thanks a lot, stpvoice, because of you I could notice the error!

Status
Not open for further replies.