Cannot delete email account after changing subdomain

Status
Not open for further replies.

faba5594

Reaction score
I recently changed from one subdomain to another, and now two email accounts show: one for each subdomain. However, I can't delete the email account for the old subdomain, and I'm not sure what to do with it. When I try to remove it, it instead removes the other account and says "Sorry, you do not have access to the domain". Also, I can't login to the old account.

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
I recently changed from one subdomain to another, and now two email accounts show: one for each subdomain. However, I can't delete the email account for the old subdomain, and I'm not sure what to do with it. When I try to remove it, it instead removes the other account and says "Sorry, you do not have access to the domain". Also, I can't login to the old account.

Because I don't use x10Hosting's provided cPanel email, I'm not 100% sure what the problem is or could be, but here's my best shot at a generic solution:

Try changing your subdomain back to what it used to be. Delete the old email address. Then, go back to your account panel and change your subdomain to the new one that you want it to be. That way, you would be able to delete the old email account because you would temporarily be giving yourself access to the other, old subdomain.

Russ

<b>Retired *****</b>
Reaction score
Or, send a support ticket and have the staff remove it. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.