Change default font?

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Tahoma just looks stupid.

Verdana looks so much better. Is there a way to force VB to use Verdana?

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Yes, to me anyway. I like things to look perfect and Tahoma looks so disproportional to me. Plus I have a mild case of OCD (or just wanting things to be perfect). I'm thinking about making a Firefox addon which makes everything Verdana, haha.

ah-blabla

Reaction score
In the current font it's sometimes hard to see 1.0 as in one point zero. The point just runs into the 1 when typing a message in. (I.e. the bottom of the 1 is just extended, instead of a point appearing.) All other numbers are fine, e.g 2.0, 3.0 etc. So yes, there is a valid point (pardon the pun)behind changing font.

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
In the current font it's sometimes hard to see 1.0 as in one point zero. The point just runs into the 1 when typing a message in. (I.e. the bottom of the 1 is just extended, instead of a point appearing.) All other numbers are fine, e.g 2.0, 3.0 etc. So yes, there is a valid point (pardon the pun)behind changing font.
Yes, exactly. :D

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
greasemonkey + javascript to change css class font?

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Get stylish, then:

HTML:
@namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);

@-moz-document domain("forums.x10hosting.com") {

body {
font-family:Verdana !important;
}

.alt1pb {
font-family:Verdana !important;
}
}

Mr. DOS

Reaction score
Am I really seeing a bunch of web designers/developers sitting around asking if the choice of font is really that important? I'm ashamed of you guys :p

--- Mr. DOS

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
I don't have an issue with Tahoma, yes font is important but at this point its more user preference.

ah-blabla

Reaction score
Actually, I have tried a few fonts, and Tahoma seems to fit best here (or maybe I'm just used to it). The only problem is the design of the 1, which runs into points and commas. 1,0 and 1.0 for example. So, I'm not sure what's best.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
I think it looks fine, though I do like Verdana. It looks fine, and fits the skin.

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
='[

I can't believe this wasn't 100% agreement.

ah-blabla

Reaction score
Ehh, it's alright but I like the default better.

Sharky, where did you find that theme?
I used that theme on Debian Etch, where it was in gnome-theme-extras , ("back in the days..."), it's called Gorilla, more info here. (Ok, I'm not called sharky, but I'm kinda answering the question ;).)

Back on topic: I still vote for a font change, since even though we can change it, most people don't, and suffer from unclear 1 point 0s and so on. (I'm actually using serif btw, since it somehow agrees with my eyes more when staring at a screen for long enough.)

Last edited:

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
See, I get the impression from you voting for a font change that somehow you got the idea that this is a democracy.
And Firefox/IE supports that setting, as does Opera. It's a common 'accessibility' setting, so you can change all the fonts to "OCR A Extended" if you really wanted, to make it easier to read.

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
How about Comic Sans MS... or Andales Mono... or Consolas? How about we simply don't change anything?
BTW, I have no problem with 1.0s maybe it's your screen resolution or PPI.