Chopin not sending Emails!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackheart99999

Reaction score
Very good !!

U mean all of em who are on stoli "F** off" ????

I don't want to be harsh ! But everyone is having problem whether its stoli or choppin !

I have opened another thread which was transferred to support ticket !
You want me and all other who are having the same problem post individual threads ????

Well.... alright then !!

Last edited:

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
I have opened another thread which was transferred to support ticket !
You want me and all other who are having the same problem post individual threads ????

If your thread was already escalated to the support area, administrators are already aware of the problem.

All staff members and support representatives are currently and constantly discussing this problem behind the scenes. Asking for updates regarding our progress won't speed it up. We are already working as fast as we can.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
I cannot emphasize enough that the staff have been, are currently, and will continue to work on this problem until it is fixed. There is no ETA on when it will be fixed.

You are not being ignored. If you don't like X10's mail hosting, then I suggest you change to google apps. It's free, it's easy, and Google has probably never gone offline entirely, so the mail is going to work there 99.9999999% of the time. If you need assistance with setting up Google apps mail, please create a new thread and I will assist you there.

Again, I am sorry that you are inconvenienced by this issue, and I will continue to do my best to assist in resolving it. Your patience and understanding is greatly appreciated.

alliedcommand

Reaction score
I have verified mail is working on this server... can someone provide me an Email address that failed to receive email? You can PM me it instead of posting it here.

Unfortunately the mail servers on the free servers do get listed occasionally on blacklists due to spammers despite our best efforts to catch them before damage is done. We are still working on better methods to catch them before anything gets out but as I'm sure everyone is aware they're also constantly working on methods to get around us blocking them.
Working now (on Chopin). Thank you so very much for the fix!

I can now send confirmation emails when people sign up for my forums again :D

Last edited:

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
I have created a tutorial for users interested in hosting their mail at Google apps. You can view the tutorial here: http://kb.x10hosting.com/questions.php?questionid=51

On a personal side note, I have used Google apps for about a year. I think anyone willing to take the extra time to set it up and manage it will be extremely happy with the service in conjunction with X10's hosting. Please post any questions relating to this tutorial in a new thread in this forum so I can address your problems better.

Last edited:

ntsite

Reaction score
As of 6:01 AM US Central time, which is 15 minutes before the above post was made, one of our administrators verified to support representatives that the mail() function on both Chopin and Lotus were repaired.

Please try using your mail-sending script again, and let us know if you are still having difficulties.

So, do you have any idea will the Stoli get fixed or not?

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
The problem will be fixed, but when everything will be 100%, I can't be sure. It sounds like X10 ended up on a blacklist due to someone on the free server sending spam. In this instance, it will take a while (sometimes days) for the mail hosts to get the updated blacklist and expunge X10 from the records

ntsite

Reaction score
Google APPs

I have created a tutorial for users interested in hosting their mail at Google apps. You can view the tutorial here: http://kb.x10hosting.com/questions.php?questionid=51

On a personal side note, I have used Google apps for about a year. I think anyone willing to take the extra time to set it up and manage it will be extremely happy with the service in conjunction with X10's hosting. Please post any questions relating to this tutorial in a new thread in this forum so I can address your problems better.

Yeah, Google APP is great, but it's IMAP annoys. It's even not compatiable with Opera 8. But for general use it is quite good to use. I recommend it for the ones who will use Webmail or just Pop. But bot for IMAP
Edit:
The problem will be fixed, but when everything will be 100%, I can't be sure. It sounds like X10 ended up on a blacklist due to someone on the free server sending spam. In this instance, it will take a while (sometimes days) for the mail hosts to get the updated blacklist and expunge X10 from the records

Thank you for your response. It seems due to one user whole server is blacklisted. Then how so big Email providers dont have such problem while someone spamming from their email service? Why those IP addresses do not get blocked but Our IP addresses do?

Last edited:

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Re: Google APPs

Thank you for your response. It seems due to one user whole server is blacklisted. Then how so big Email providers dont have such problem while someone spamming from their email service? Why those IP addresses do not get blocked but Our IP addresses do?

The problem is where the mail originates as much as who the mail provider is. I could send mail using X10's server, but use GMail as the mail provider. It's also possible to spoof email headers so it looks like mail came from somewhere it didn't.

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score

No one is going to block yahoo, gmail, or hotmail even though spam is sent from them. If we had tens of millions of users I can guarantee you no one would add us to block lists either, but unfortunately we're not there yet. :)

We're constantly working on ways to block SPAM and as I said previously it's an endless fight. There are thousands of people constantly coming up with ways around our solutions, we continue to address the issues as they come in but we can only do so much. Generally when we make changes to fix the spam problems they do last a few months. So once we get this resolved hopefully that will be the case.

ntsite

Reaction score

The problem is where the mail originates as much as who the mail provider is. I could send mail using X10's server, but use GMail as the mail provider. It's also possible to spoof email headers so it looks like mail came from somewhere it didn't.

I know this instance. But there are so many Spammers which use so famoue email providers including russian, so why those email providers do not get blocked? are they in whitelist?

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
You'll find the large ISPs, or email providers are whitelisted at most places.

ntsite

Reaction score
About Blacklist/Whitelists...

No one is going to block yahoo, gmail, or hotmail even though spam is sent from them. If we had tens of millions of users I can guarantee you no one would add us to block lists either, but unfortunately we're not there yet. :)

Yeah, I must agree with you on this! :)

So, let's back to the problem. Today I realised some of mails get delivered (the ones which were in queue informated me that system seems to work) and after then I checked seding emails, it worked really. And I faced with bounce back of mail while sending them to adress on Mail.ru domain. I've contacted them to resolve the misissue about SPAM recognizing of this IP. They should reply tomorrow, as they once replied me today.
But right now, again, none of the emails getting delivered...

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
I can personally confirm that email is being sent from Chopin.

Webmail, iPod mail.app, etc.

It's working fine.

wild bill

Reaction score
Yup all of us on stoli are in the same boat with ya'll. no incomming email since 10am this morning. no outbound email. down again. This outage has been going for 3 days.:dunno:

Still no resolution !!!!!
Not able to receive any confirmation mails !!!

No response for the support ticket aswell !!

How much time will it take ??:rant2:
Edit:
I can personally confirm that email is being sent from Chopin.

Webmail, iPod mail.app, etc.

It's working fine.

can you check stoli? no inbound or outbound email. no bounced mail comes back. nothing..

Last edited:

arlenemc

Reaction score
are emails still delayed? last one i received was around midnight (i'm on GMT +8 timezone). emails sent to me are not bouncing back, so i guess they're still on queue. hope this gets resolved soon.

wild bill

Reaction score
They should be queued. stoli is accepting email just doesn't drop it in your inbox. looks like incomming and outgoing mail is down right now.

are emails still delayed? last one i received was around midnight (i'm on GMT +8 timezone). emails sent to me are not bouncing back, so i guess they're still on queue. hope this gets resolved soon.

arlenemc

Reaction score
i use gmail for my outgoing, so that's half the problem solved. but when they reply, its sent to my domain/x10 account :(

Status
Not open for further replies.