Complaint

komodolinux

Reaction score
ok let me get this right.

say i get suspended. and i dont know the reason because i think ive complied with every rule.

its my job to then post asking why? and thereby creating post clutter on the site as i post asking why, then a mod answers, then i repost once its fixed asking to be unsuspended. thereby 3 posts on forum.

when a simple pm notifying me would save me asking why its suspended. and save a mod having to answer me why. thus cutting down to a single post asking for unsuspension.

to me if nothing else that is economics as i can delete the pm once its fixed.

but i know you guys wont introduce such a system as you have stated so clearly.

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Well maybe if you would take a look at the announcements, you would know there was an error in the 2 week inactivity script.

komodolinux

Reaction score
i did look tyler and thats when i discovered this error.

BUT im not talking so much in a case of mass suspension where the mods put out a general announcement.

let me clarify. heres a hypothesis.

say i think i have the right ads on EVERY page yet i go to access my account and its suspended.

well i think i have complied with every rule but x10hosting thinks i havent.

i cant check my site as its not displaying due to the suspension redirection.

so at present i have to post a message on the forum in hope a tech support person will answer me as to why im suspended. or i have to post to live tech support. or wherever.

then they have to write back and say oh your account fails to comply with rule x.

i then ask for it to be unsuspended and i fix it.

theres 3 posts.

now if i had put up my site and the suspension script generates a message saying you have been suspended due to failure to comply with rule x then 2 posts are saved in the process.

i just need to post asking to be unsuspended and stating i will fix the ads.

i know the system messages people when they approach bandwidth limits as i have received these messages when traffic to my site was high. so why not for suspension?

after all not everyone knows everything about building a site on a banner service like x10. sometimes they can breach rules accidentally and a message like this would aid in encouraging them to conform by informing them of where they are going wrong.

i know im not alone in thinking this suggestion would be of benefit.

well thats my discussion on it done. x10 will adopt or wont adopt it according to their desires.

Phil

Retired Staff
Reaction score
komodolinux said:
ok let me get this right.

say i get suspended. and i dont know the reason because i think ive complied with every rule.

its my job to then post asking why? and thereby creating post clutter on the site as i post asking why, then a mod answers, then i repost once its fixed asking to be unsuspended. thereby 3 posts on forum.

when a simple pm notifying me would save me asking why its suspended. and save a mod having to answer me why. thus cutting down to a single post asking for unsuspension.

to me if nothing else that is economics as i can delete the pm once its fixed.

but i know you guys wont introduce such a system as you have stated so clearly.
We don;'t mind look at why you were suspended This is how we do it. We also don't mind the post if thee not spamm

komodolinux

Reaction score
i know you dont mind answering or such. when people actually do answer. i just think by cutting down posts and such it would save work on behalf of both the person and the mods. thats all. and it would save the possibility of angry posts.

Alejandro

Staff
Staff member
Community Support
Reaction score
It is hard enough to suspend accounts, to send a PM for each of them, in fact we don't keep a record from hosting accounts with forum accounts.

dsfreak

Reaction score
It might prove a good idea to make a simple script that would send the PM, and, a script that would store the forum account with the hosting account.

Alejandro

Staff
Staff member
Community Support
Reaction score
dsfreak said:
It might prove a good idea to make a simple script that would send the PM, and, a script that would store the forum account with the hosting account.

That would force people to get a forum account to get hosting, like before. Now they can request support by livehelp without registering in the forums.