Disk Space Upgrade Request

Status
Not open for further replies.

dalmathx

Reaction score
Hello,

Can I please have my allotted disk space increased from the initial 512 MB limit? My site meets all of the requirements and I'm at about 85% capacity right now.

Also, is it at all possible to increase the number of Entry Processes from the default of 5? My site uses WordPress and frequently gets the error "508 Resource Limit Is Reached" with as little as 2 active users.

Thanks!

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
is it at all possible to increase the number of Entry Processes...

the short answer is - no
BUT
keep in mind - a "Entry Process" should take a fraction of a second to complete - therefore people confuse - the "Entry Process" limit - with how many visitors they can have on their website - A limit of 10 "Entry Process" does not mean only 10 people can be on your website at once - because the likelihood of all 10 people hitting your website's server at the exact same time (very small part of a second) should never happen

If you have little traffic to your website but are constantly at the limit of 'Entry Processes' - it could mean something is wrong with your scripts and they (the scripts) are active longer then they should be

x10hosting has found - in almost all cases - that hitting your account's 'Entry Processes' limit - stems from:
1. Out of date scripts
2. Excessive plugins, themes, addons
3. Poorly coded plugins, themes, addons
4. Not taking security measures such as secure wp-login\xml-rpc so bots drive up resource usage
5. Not keeping a database cleaned up, a forum or Wordpress blog with 50,000 spam users will use a lot of CPU on any user processing
6. Cron jobs that do intense database or other processing

dalmathx

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. Yeah, I assumed the entry process count referred to the number of simultaneous web service requests being made at a given time, and it wouldn't surprise me if we're using poorly-performing plugins that are taking what would normally be an unacceptable amount of time to return web requests. And by "active users" I meant admin users actively using WordPress to add and edit content, not end users visiting the website.

Status
Not open for further replies.