do i get webmail along with free web hosting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moongya

Reaction score
got ur message.. u hav guided me through. u r great :)..but m still getting this error while sending through the web client:
Message not sent. Server replied:
Connection timed out
110 Can't open SMTP stream.

Also, can u tell me how to locate the default email id for test.amitlele.com

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
Which Webmail you are using???

moongya

Reaction score
squirrel mail....also tried through horde...but it gets timed out..

There was an error sending your message: Failed to connect to localhost:25 [SMTP: Failed to connect socket: Connection timed out (code: -1, response: )]

do i have to set up client like thunderbird to send messages?

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
I think Webmail are not working right now!

I also tried from my account and get the same error.

as soon as staff member see this they will take notice of this.

I suggest you to use Google apps. instead of this all. Google apps is a free service offered by Google to host your website's mail

moongya

Reaction score
tnx...

i already use google apps since 2 months n it's great...this is just back up hosting..so i don't end up loosing mails in the rarest scenario when google servers r down...like when it happened last year...

So, m gonna assign a catch all address in this back up hosting to forward any mails received in case google is down...

So, please tell me how to locate default email address(catch-all email address)for test.amitlele.com ....so u know i will set up forwarders to send my mail to alternate email address in case of google downtime...;)

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
This picture shows how to setup catch-all email.

image28.jpg

image30.jpg

But the problem is that x10hosting cpanel don`t have this option.....
I suggest to request some staff to provide this feature.

I am on chopin Server. I don`t have this option.

On which server you are??? or do you have this feature???

moongya

Reaction score
nope....i must be same server as yours...as even i do not see default email address....so how to contact the staff? or mayb default catch-all email address not available for free web hosting?

But i hav created a filter to redirect all emails to my alternative email address...so this email will effectively act as a catch all id :)

many tnx for all your help.... :)

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
nope....i must be same server as yours...as even i do not see default email address....so how to contact the staff? or mayb default catch-all email address not available for free web hosting?

But i hav created a filter to redirect all emails to my alternative email address...so this email will effectively act as a catch all id :)

many tnx for all your help.... :)

Then use http://amitlele.x10hosting.com:2082/frontend/x3/mail/def.html

moongya

Reaction score
no dude...m not able to login here...anyways as i have created this catch all folder i think m at rest...tnx to you for great help...i appreciate

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
no dude...m not able to login here...anyways as i have created this catch all folder i think m at rest...tnx to you for great help...i appreciate

What errors you are getting? I given the link to access default mail address. It works.

Status
Not open for further replies.