Do Not Pm Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

VMKFriends

Reaction score
Nice counter debate, Live ;). Okay, so I guess that it would be easier to search, but NO ONE does that. Posting this still won't help people to not search because new people come in and they are like "I don't know how to use this forum, so i'll just PM a staff member asking them how".

Chris73

Reaction score
Just a query, when I mark a post as spam witht the nifty little red cross. What happens to that from there ? Is it a bother or is it the right thing to do?

I can tell you what happens to those posts you and every other member marks as spam or reports the post.

All staff members receive an email regarding the reported post. I myself come look at the post and if i find it to be way off base or just a waste of space i give out infractions. If you receive a few infractions you receive a forum suspension. This can be 1 day or it could be 2 weeks. If that person gets a number of reported post complaints it could result in a permanent ban from the forums. A permanent ban from the forums= not being able to log in which in turn means not being able to keep hosting account active which then results in suspension leading to account termination.

So i would really start thinking about what you post. Make sure your post is on topic and helpful to the posters question.If not you will be receiving infractions. We are starting to crack down on spamming just to spam.

Nice counter debate, Live . Okay, so I guess that it would be easier to search, but NO ONE does that. Posting this still won't help people to not search because new people come in and they are like "I don't know how to use this forum, so i'll just PM a staff member asking them how".

Thats why he gave us the freedom to start temp banning people. We are working overtime on the same question that is asked 300 times a day in that forum. People for some odd reason are to lazy to read and search. If you can't use the search feature and try and help staff out by searching then we should ignore your post. I can not believe how many people can not read a scrolling marquee across the top of the forums regarding major updates(php updates,Server updates,the fact you can now be temp banned for pming staff without be asked to)it's crazy. I woke up this morning to some PM's. I don't mind as much because i have more time to devote to helping out here. All I can say is Corey will start temporarily banning you for pming him unless he asks you to. So i would suggest not doing it. So please for the sake of our sanity and keeping it within our ability to help you use the SEARCH feature first. I am thinking about closing all threads i find if i can find the answers through the search feature and force you to look. :) Have a great day.

Thank You :)

Last edited:

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Not only the forums search feature -- a lot of issues can be solved by using your favourite search engine... Be that Google, Yahoo, Live/MSN, Altavista, Dogpile.com....etcetcetc.

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
@Chriss73 : What is considered spam (reading from the rules and comandments, its either irelivent content or short and usles info)?
I post alot, do on average 6/7 a day (this is more like 15 one day and then 3 the next). I won the weekly promo twice now, one of only 2 to get it twice I think (other was chougard).

@Sharky : I am always searching the web for explinations/examples/tutorials/ideas/etc... I keep 1 window open with tabs from that and then x10forums open in another in tabs.

I must admit, I wouldn't of searched a forum for an answer before I came to x10. I would have drawn the conclusion that its not out there if a few search engines hadn't picked it up. But then before I came to x10 my knowledge of all things internet was very small.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
People who spam are the ones that type one word or two words like "haha" or "lol" in a thread. Also one of the things that really makes me mad is people posting in other's support threads, "I don't know". Honestly, what is the point of posting in someone's thread saying I don't know? And one last one that makes me angry, people who have an issue go around posting in everyone else's threads their problem thinking they'll get help.

When you report a post we do find it and most of the time give out an infraction to the person, you just don't see them getting the infraction.

Also, Livewire pretty much said exactly how we feel about forum support. It is the best and only way we can provide support to such a large group of people for free.

-Corey

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Sounds like an official X10hosting IRC channel would be a good solution! Then people can "I don't know" and "lol" to their hearts content. And then be kicked/banned...

Actually, that's not a bad idea...

axyjo

Reaction score
This is going into affect IMMEDIATELY.

Being from an english background, my only quip is the word choice.. you should have said effect. Besides that, I agree 100%. :D

websavvy

Reaction score
R U kidding me. I haven't even figured out how to PM yet but I am sure its easy. Another thing, I just signed up and subscribed to your service and now I read this message that you put out... DAMET:rant2: Here I thought I found a really nice professional place...wrong again. How do I cancel my subscription because you already debited out of my account. I'd much rather keep looking..
What I am ticked off about is I canceled my other web subscription because I thought I would end up here, now---I've got to do that all over again and pay the initial fee, drats!:rant2: Dang!:mad: Also , I run a business too and I get what I consider dead IM, emails and yadda yadda. However, I still get pretty ticked but I say stuff like that to my customers and last week was one of the bad weeks. Thanks
Edit:
I mean don't say stuff like that

Last edited:

Lurien

Reaction score
websavvy: I seriously think you should read the whole thread.
The idea is exactly the one you ask for: Profesionalism.
As long as you keep using the search function, or posting in the public forum, where as well you'll get faster answers, and respectnig the rules of the same, you'll end up with much better answers withow taking time from the staff, who, at the same time, will have more time to spend into making the server yet better instead of answeing something alredy spoken about in another part of the forum.

As an advice: If you are new to the forum, or to anything, always look for the "FAQ" section, it helps a lot.

Chris73

Reaction score
R U kidding me. I haven't even figured out how to PM yet but I am sure its easy. Another thing, I just signed up and subscribed to your service and now I read this message that you put out... DAMET:rant2: Here I thought I found a really nice professional place...wrong again. How do I cancel my subscription because you already debited out of my account. I'd much rather keep looking..
What I am ticked off about is I canceled my other web subscription because I thought I would end up here, now---I've got to do that all over again and pay the initial fee, drats!:rant2: Dang!:mad: Also , I run a business too and I get what I consider dead IM, emails and yadda yadda. However, I still get pretty ticked but I say stuff like that to my customers and last week was one of the bad weeks. Thanks
Edit:
I mean don't say stuff like that

All i have to say is what? I don't think you understand fully the situation that was going on. You have to understand he is not talking to the people who pay for the service because they are respectful and actually they have there own thread they post in and rarely do i see them talk and disrespect staff as i have seen from free service users.

websavvy

Reaction score
Thanks L, for the response, I tend to get a little nervous about things like that:happysad::repost: I really like it here. I just didn't want that kind of response, if I needed help. I wouldn't want to be cussed out. Thanks

Chris73

Reaction score
No problem. Just we have some users that take this service that they get for free and think they are paying $100 a month for it and when we have minor issue they blow up disrespect staff through pm's, posts and the only way to get through to them is to finally say enough is enough.

So have fun enjoy your new hosting service and Good Luck :)

wh00p101

Reaction score
There is a lot of disrepect happening on the forums at the moment. just taking a quick look at some recent posts. This leads me to believe that people are doing so in a pm. What gives these people the right? Half of the people woudn't be able to setup a website without the assitance of x10.

prime_spirit

Reaction score
2) Subforum. This is probably the best option available; rather than sending an email, there are modifications available for most (if not all) forum softwares that change it from sending an email to posting a topic in a forum only mods and admins can see. This is the best one because once a report is taken care of, it gets erased.

I support this, especially considering x10 services. Some users like myself are from registration-banned countries and though we've received helpful advice (thanx GamingX), the No PM Staff situation is worrying.

FalseHope

Reaction score
Good job Corey. DefecTalisman, it is, but some people tend to NOT read that stuff. Therefore they tend to break the rules.

Chris Z

Reaction score
Well, like Corey said, "You don't read the rules, automatic temp. ban!".

Uchiha Sasuke

Reaction score
well that sucks. now we cant pm the cool staff or chit chat. oh well since ill have to jus make threads , etc

Status
Not open for further replies.