Email quit working in the last 24 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

kennystr

Reaction score
Hello, can anyone tell me why my email may have quit working? I have had it set up in the mail app on my iPhone and it just stopped in last day or so. Has something changed with the X 10 hosting servers?

Any help appreciated! Happy holidays!

kennystr

Reaction score
Oh boy… I’ve been doing some reading in the last few minutes and it appears there’s been some major migration that just happen? So it seems clear that the disruption in my email function must have something to do with that.

All right so the mail server I’ve been using has been:
xo2.x10hosting.com
Has that changed?

agmr559

Reaction score
I have same error, my email account doesnt get my parked domain name, so I'm not receiving messages !

kennystr

Reaction score
52D832F7-A8C5-4769-B386-6815974FBB75.png
Can anyone tell me what that stuff and red means? Could that have anything to do with my email stopped working?

kennystr

Reaction score
OK so the server details I had been using was:
xo2.x10hosting.com
I change that just now to x13.x10hosting.com
And everything seems to be working again. I’ll have to monitor it and make sure everything’s working properly including my forwards

SylvanOgre

Reaction score
I followed your suggestion (after I finally figured out where you picked x13 from <Big Grin>), and so far it has worked for me, too.
Changing the server to match the URL after login to DirectAdmin dashboard seems to work!

najinx10

Reaction score
I followed your suggestion (after I finally figured out where you picked x13 from <Big Grin>), and so far it has worked for me, too.
Changing the server to match the URL after login to DirectAdmin dashboard seems to work!

Great changing the server name worked for you.
I updated my server name to x12 and I still get the following error when trying to fetch my mail:

Server returned error: "Connection timed out: There may be a problem with the settings you added.

najinx10

Reaction score
I'm now able to fetch my emails by forwarding instead of using POP3:

Email Manager > Forwarders > Create Email Forwarder

I also set the following :

Account Manager > Domain Pointers > set local mail to YES

SylvanOgre

Reaction score
My email is working now.
Replace the server names with "mail.[your x10host domain]" instead of the x10 server you are on (xo1, x12, whatever). the login name will of course be "[email name]@[your x10host domain]".
Been working for 10 minutes now! <roflmao>
But it seems to be stable across all of my x10host email accounts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.