'Extremely Critical' Bugs Found In Firefox

Discussion in 'Scripts, 3rd Party Apps, and Programming' started by stealth_thunder, May 10, 2005.

1. stealth_thunder

stealth_thunder New Member

Code:
    http://informationweek.com/story/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=163100338
    Does this tell us that Mozilla Firefox is not a safe browser ???

My personal views, its kinda good to have a browser like firefox but too many aspects like javascripts features not yet fully protected and microsoft continue to promote their Internet explorer and continueously trying to make Mozilla Development team to go bonkers on repairing what microsoft have found.

What will happen if firefox do not fixed the bug???
    Will microsoft continue to push Mozilla team to reach their limits and then make them stop developing firefox ???

2. Richard

Richard Active Member

That will never happen. Think Microsoft are using that to take the spot light of them a bit. In fact if Microsoft don't do something radical in the next 5 - 10 years it will become a shadow of its former self.

Going back to Firefox, no one said it was perfect. However its still safer and more standards Compliant then IE

3. stealth_thunder

Microsoft been posting all the bugs on firefox, why isn't firefox people get back on them too.....

Mostly see that Mozilla only improve and fixed up firefox not a single news found that firefox would go against Microsoft....

May be Bill Gates too powerful.... that's my view

4. Richard

Richard Active Member

The Mozilla group would never step down such levels. Microsoft has never really had much competition against the likes of Netscape but now there is a whole new wave that Microsoft is fighting.. Firefox is just the begining.

Microsoft will have to adapt in time and they have already begun testing the waters since they have 3 projects on SourceForge. Time will tell what the future holds.

5. stealth_thunder

Re: 'Extremely Critical' Bugs Found In Firefox Follow up

Latest Report I found out

Firefox undercut by security flaws

website taken :
    Code:
    http://business.bostonherald.com/technologyNews/view.bg?articleid=82592
    My personal views, no one knows the bug exist at all then why Microsoft just whispered to their competitors and tell them you have two critical bug rather than exposing over the Tech News saying about Microsoft themselves found 'Extremely Critical Bugs. What a low level way of treating ur opponent which has no idea what microsoft is trying to express to them.... " Get lost... leave this internet world, stop your nonsense on creating your personal browser. U would never be able to survive unless I die "

Are the trying to express that only microsoft themselves knows

6. Richard

Richard Active Member

Think about it.

This type of malicious code needs a website to hold it right? So malicious code on a website would make that website malicious. Which leaves the question “What are you doing at that site in the first place?”

This whole thing is blown out of proportion. I think.

7. izmaelis

izmaelis New Member

Ok. There were several bugs found in FireFox few days ago so why I can't find any patches or updates to correct them. I use FireFox every day but I can't see any green/red button in the upper right corner. :)

8. Richard

Richard Active Member

Thats because Firefox 1.0.4 has not been released yet.
    I don't think there is too much to worry about :happy:

9. n4tec

n4tec Active Member

I use Firefox!!! I am having no problem with it except I can see any red button in the upper right corner!!! What should i do?

*4*

10. Richard

Richard Active Member

Double click on it. Its will search for updates for you.

11. stealth_thunder

well they have said firefox is now doing intensive checking and fixing up, the only thing we can do now is to wait for their latest build.

I already hear about a nighty build version 1.4 releasing out there for expert not within mozilla development to test run them.So I would be happy if this could be done faster coz you know microsoft would do another world news on tech talks and bad things about mozilla to stress them again when they should have read the report I put up earlier that 52 million firefox user has no problem or never discover anything serious about the javascripts / activex control applications.

So we wait will keep updated with the progress at the news tech

12. Foggy

Foggy New Member

13. izmaelis

izmaelis New Member

Here goes new updated and pached version of Mozilla FireFox browser (1.0.4). Just few days of waiting isn't so bad. :blushing:

14. n4tec

n4tec Active Member

It search and found that i needed the lastest version of firefox... I updated a few hours ago... let me wait and see what happens...

thanx for that quick responce..

*4*

15. Richard

Richard Active Member

In light of recent events with Firefox it seems Microsoft is having its own problems.