files deleted automatically

Status
Not open for further replies.

ticx10h2

Reaction score
Hello, I have a free account at x10hosting, I have uploaded several times via FTP a zip file with some mp3 and wma files, but they are automatically deleted after a short time. Which is the reason?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
It is in the ToS:

File Storage

Hosting accounts may not be used to store backups, personal files, or non-web accessible files. Any files hosted on the account must be directly related to the website the account is intended for. Files over 10MB in size will be automatically removed from non-upgraded accounts.

So if they are larger then 10 mb that would be why.

doc_onestone

Reaction score
I have the same issue. My file is posted to my website with the intention that it be downloadable by the people who need the zip resource.
It is unacceptable that X10hosting is deciding for me what is part of my website versus what is personal storage.
If this behavior continues then I'll be forced to look for another hosting service and to recommend to others that they avoid X10hosting.
I am very angry about this.

doc_onestone

Reaction score
Never mind answering.
If it's in the ToS that X10hosting can arbitrarily alter my website then I'm cancelling my account.

lylex10h

Reaction score
The space (and bandwidth) provided by the good folks at x10 is mainly for the content displayed on your website. If you need to display/link to large files, there are plenty of free providers for this purpose.

Last edited:

amplify3

Reaction score
The space (and bandwidth) provided by the good folks at x10 is mainly for the content displayed on your website. If you need to display/link to large files, there are plenty of free providers for this purpose.
Example is Google Drive, MediaFire, Etc......................................

Status
Not open for further replies.