FileVIP - What would you like to see?

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
I'm currently finishing up some major changes to FileVIP, and I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions at all for it.

(If you go to it now, you won't see many of the changes because they are "hidden". But they are there.)

For every suggestion you give that I use, I'll send you some points. :)

Last edited:

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
megabytes (mb) thanks, i think we need to fix that :)

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
Pfft, feature suggestions, not current errors\problems. :)

But ok, thanks.

James

Banned
Reaction score
Maybe to have the feature to send to two different emails or more, like if you have a friend that want the file to.

thanks Bryon

Chris Z

Reaction score
maybe we could increase the MBage (bigger file size) for each file, just a suggestion, idk if that's even worth sending points, but i tried to send a beta os (neptune) to someone one time, but it was way too big, i had to try a different site for it and it still didn't work

Woolie

Reaction score
billybob bo buck said:
but i tried to send a beta os (neptune) to someone one time, but it was way too big, i had to try a different site for it and it still didn't work

I'm hardly suprised?!?! Thats pushing the file size limit a bit don't you think?

Well, me and suggestions don't really go that well, but I can think of a few things.

1) Be able to select how long the file stays on the server (as in, destroy it after a certain time, or destroy after a certain amount of downloads).

2) Perhaps be able to select a folder that can be publically viewable, and a page be generated for the user (apache directory listing style. If this is already availiable, sorry, but I didn't see it).

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
Woolie said:
I'm hardly suprised?!?! Thats pushing the file size limit a bit don't you think?

Well, me and suggestions don't really go that well, but I can think of a few things.

1) Be able to select how long the file stays on the server (as in, destroy it after a certain time, or destroy after a certain amount of downloads).

2) Perhaps be able to select a folder that can be publically viewable, and a page be generated for the user (apache directory listing style. If this is already availiable, sorry, but I didn't see it).

Both of your ideas are nice Woolie, thanks. The first one I think is possible. If it does get implemented, it will probably only be for members though.

Also, I'm not sure if you have signed up\logged in the last few days, but if you have then you have probably noticed the 'upload manager' I am working on with the folders and all. It has already been thought up, ( I believe by Corey), to have the ability to "share folders", so you get a link and your able to give that link out to people to view. I believe I shall add that sometime, before I finish everything up.

Anyways, thank you.

Woolie

Reaction score
Ah yes, I hadn't noticed that, it does look good I must admit.

Offtopic: OMG!! Leave my blog alone ... Poor thing can't stand up to it! -sobs- ermmm, you were the one who told me how to prevent injections, lol?!

Flashgear

Reaction score
Max file size per file is 100 MB. where it says that. i would suggest makeing it just a little bit more bigger??

Chris Z

Reaction score
i already asked them to up the max file size and he said
Woolie said:

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
Possibly. I'm going to set up limits on the amount of files and folders, and the downloads per day and what not. I'm thinking maybe, (Not sure if Corey or Jake have this planned?), for a low price per month allow people to have more files, bandwidth, and file downloads or something. Not sure on the specifics though.

masterchief3k

Reaction score
I'd like to see a tiny customizable webpage generator, showing all the available downloads for a user from his/her account to list all of their uploads available...

Custom by changing colors and fonts and stuff, just a simple list with a subdomain, if you choose to use the webpage generator when you sign up for an account at fileVIP

The uploads would be sorted out like yahoo briefcase's interface, but of course with some tweaks, and color schemes for your account.

Last edited:

takuhii

Reaction score
I have a suggestion... FileVIP is great BTW.

I would like to be able to create an account on my FileVIP so my I can allow AN outside user to upload there images to my account. Basically, my parents live in Singapore and I would like to be able to create a folder for them to upload images to, and an account to go with it.

I understand this type of functionality could be exploited, but if you limited it to 1 or 2 extra users, this would be really useful. I don't want to have to set up an FTP site on my Home PC so they can transfer images to and from me.

Just an idea

takuhii

Reaction score
Another quick suggestion. The interface is a little cluttered. Is a new one on the way?

I don't mind running one up for you, for free...

takuhii

Reaction score
Another idea.
What about some osrt of photo album function? You could view all the uploaded images as thumbnails, when you click on them, they appear in pop-up windows, or in a floating DIV tag or something.

This would allow us to archive things a little more easily too...

Fedlerner

Former Adm & Team Manager
Community Support
Reaction score
A password recovery :p
I lost my password :(