"For Argument's Sake!" Debate Forum

mwswall

Reaction score
I just started this site on Monday... it is admittedly my first time setting up a website, as well as the first forum I have ever created.

The premise is simple - I have several forums where people are invited to visit and debate/argue about a variety of volatile subjects, including politics, religion, sports, science, law, and anything else which might come to mind. The site is moderated, of course, but moderation is kept on strictly non-partisan basis. With only a few pre-specified exceptions, viewpoints are not censored.

Admittedly, the place is pretty quiet at the moment, but I am looking forward to developing a community composed of individuals from a wide variety of walks in life.

http://www.forargumentssake.net.tc

wjh2303

Reaction score
well the concept seems alright, and a forum is a forum, so cant complain too much about that, but the into page could probably do with a little structure to make it more inviting, and maybe make the link to the forum a little more prominent, since that is the whole point of the site

RRJJMM

Reaction score
All I see when I get to the home page (the link in your post needs to be updated) is text on a black background. Perhaps there was a problem loading a stylesheet? If this is really all there is to the page, then it is way too simple and won't be taken seriously. Just a little work with CSS and you could organize the content in a much more appealing and professional looking way.

There are a lot of web sites out there and if you want yours to get attention it will need to make a better first impression with some visual appeal.

Good Luck,

Coonz

Reaction score
I'm sorry to say this but, pure amateur. "Apologies in advance for having to copy and paste!" - Atleast make a link, come on.
Code:
<a href="http://forargumentssake.x10hosting.com" alt="" target="_self">For Argument's Sake</a>
Just make it link directly to the forum and display what looks to be your "motto" or maybe even "mission statement", if you will. Then just try to incorporate that into your forums. These are just ideas, accept them or not you asked for opinions :drool: i hope i helped. Good luck your website.

Last edited: