FTP error "ECONNREFUSED - Connection refused by server"

Status
Not open for further replies.

signaller

Reaction score
Being trying to ftp to my hosting account and always receiving this error. I am already using port 21 with all login details filled in correctly. Can someone guide me on what to do? Thanks!!

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,

Can you please try now?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
That would likely be related to your domain not pointing to the correct IP then, my bad for not checking this first. Looks like you have set the IP for one of our name servers as an A record.

You need to configure the domain to either user our name servers (ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com) or set a proper A record, which for your server would be: 69.175.104.34

signaller

Reaction score
That would likely be related to your domain not pointing to the correct IP then, my bad for not checking this first. Looks like you have set the IP for one of our name servers as an A record.

You need to configure the domain to either user our name servers (ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com) or set a proper A record, which for your server would be: 69.175.104.34

This is what had already been entered in my domain records under namecheap. Please see attach.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 355
Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
If you use an cname (alias) you need to set that to: chopin.x10hosting.com, which is your server. Or, which would be better as it makes domain look up a little faster, set an A record pointing to the IP: 69.175.104.34

We do recommend that you use our name servers, but that would be configured in a different part of your account with the domain registrar most likely.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Problem solved, closing thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.