[GAME PROGRAMMING]Truppentool

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I found this little game on the internet.It is made in PHP and mySQL. It is opensource and I got a great idea for it.

Whatif making the script to make alliances? Example:
I install it on my site JAGF. That would be a server. Every server = 1 alliance. So I call my alliance for the JAGF alliance.
Then x10 creates a server too.

Then either, there is 1 vs 1 fights, where 1 user from JAGF alliance attacks 1 user in the x10 alliance or vice versa.Then the other option is alliance vs alliance, but here the admins needs to approve. Like I choose to attack the x10 alliance but then the admin of that server needs to accept.

I can't php or mySQL myself, so I thought if some users here are willing to help with it and I'm just the project leader. The users who apply will get a link in the credits.

There are things in truppentool that needs to be done because the author hasn't made the script 100% done yet and it seems kinda dead, the latest release was 2 years ago.

Needs to be done:

[]Fixing the troop edit to work with a point system for buying troops fairly (now you can add how many soldiers and things you like). lets say, you start with a basic troop, then you start with 100 points which you can spend on buying more soldiers. Better soldiers = expensiver. Then say you get a interest on 10 points/day and for every win the interest gets increased by 5/day. so after 1 win = 15points/day.

[]Make so it is email activation instead of admin activation upon register

[]Make the server to an alliance and make so that users on the same server can't attack each other.

[]Make the system to 1 vs 1 fights over servers. Using url_fopen or cURL or whatever. Like, there are a list over every server in a menu where you can choose a opponent to fight

[]Make the system for alliance vs alliance. Similliar to the 1 vs 1, but only admins can start this.

[]Top10 alliances by users, wins, looses, total soldiers.

[]Top10 users by wins, looses, total soldiers.

[]When a troop(user) loses a fight, it looses 60% of it's soldiers.

[]When an alliance looses a fight, it looses 60% of it's soldiers.

Any more suggstions are welcome.

Do you think this is a good idea?

People in the project sofar:
Diabolo

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I can probably help out, once I am finished with the other script i'm working on (yours). so i guess Assistant to Head PHP Coder, unless there is another title that sounds like I'm higher up?

but who is going to have to be the 'main server'

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I can probably help out, once I am finished with the other script i'm working on (yours). so i guess Assistant to Head PHP Coder, unless there is another title that sounds like I'm higher up?

but who is going to have to be the 'main server'

I can host one on my VPS.
I can't php it is therefore I need some coders to do it :p. I put you on the list

mattura

Reaction score
Not sure about the alliance system... but have fun with the game!

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
also, do we got a name for this?

while I was looking at the script, it seems as its partly written in a different language, the backend coding, should we overhaul it and transfer it to english?

Last edited:

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
also, do we got a name for this?

while I was looking at the script, it seems as its partly written in a different language, the backend coding, should we overhaul it and transfer it to english?

Ye I noticed that too that it is in german... Is it possible for you to code when the comments and things is in german? Otherwise we need someone from germany to translate for us xD. Or I could try to translate it with my little german knowledge.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
actually, truppentool (if it is the one I think it is) is a help script written to aid players/alliances of the browser game Travian, truppentool in it self does not have an attack option, it just calculates how long it would take you to travel to a certain coordinate of the game based on what coordinate you have entered for your troops.
the reason you can add as many soldiers as you want is you are supposed to manually enter the troops you got in your respective villages

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
actually, truppentool (if it is the one I think it is) is a help script written to aid players/alliances of the browser game Travian, truppentool in it self does not have an attack option, it just calculates how long it would take you to travel to a certain coordinate of the game based on what coordinate you have entered for your troops.
the reason you can add as many soldiers as you want is you are supposed to manually enter the troops you got in your respective villages

Really? I didn't know that lol. They should have mentioned it on th site :p.

Well, I think it still can be used as a based, can it?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
yes, I suppose it should be possible, just don't ask me how :D

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Last edited:

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
o, it does say that on the webpage..so the work I did for nothing....
I think we should find another opensource to base it on,

I'll still help out with it though

http://www.bbgdev.com/list-of-open-source-game-engines-browser-based/
http://www.bbgdev.com/free-and-open-source/open-source-browser-based-games-list-part-ii/

you guys chose one, and I'll just help code it : )

uh sorry :happysad: I just read the download section for truppentool.

The ezRPG requires ADOdb that I am sure not many hosts has installed.
World of Phaos has tooo many bugs, when I used it, it didn't even want to battle.
Dragon knight is pretty good but as stated it is a resource hog.
LOGD is too complicated and is a resource hog too.

It doesen't seem to be anything about this then

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
do you think it would be better if we can start from scratch? I've seen some browser based games that just started with a CMS type (php-fusion, lunarwars.net)

so we can do something like that, but also longer

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
do you think it would be better if we can start from scratch? I've seen some browser based games that just started with a CMS type (php-fusion, lunarwars.net)

so we can do something like that, but also longer

well yes we can start from scratch too if you want :p