Godaddy Domain name

Status
Not open for further replies.

prosduca

Reaction score
Hi i'm new here I try to setup my godaddy domain name in my x10hosting account. I alleready put the NS in my DNS zone but i still have this error :

Unable to add the domain name − (XID awkvw5) Sorry, the domain is already pointed to an IP address that does not appear to use DNS servers associated with this server. Please transfer the domain to this servers nameservers or have your administrator add one of its nameservers to /etc/ips.remotedns and make the proper A entries on that remote nameserver.

lylex10h

Reaction score
I just did a WHOIS at https://sg.godaddy.com/whois for prosducamioncm.ca and it shows:
Name servers:
ns49.domaincontrol.com
ns50.domaincontrol.com

Code:
whois prosducamioncm.ca

Domain name:           prosducamioncm.ca
Domain status:         registered
Creation date:         2010/04/28
Expiry date:           2019/04/28
Updated date:          2018/03/27
DNSSEC:                Unsigned

Registrar:
    Name:              Go Daddy Domains Canada, Inc
    Number:            2316042

Name servers:
    ns49.domaincontrol.com
    ns50.domaincontrol.com

The Updated date indicates these were not changed today or yesterday.

prosduca

Reaction score
But when we check with this web site we can see it : https://www.ultratools.com/tools/dnsLookup

IN 184.168.221.17 600
TXT
IN "v=spf1 include:spf.protection.outlook.com -all" 3600
IN "MS=ms90697204" 3600
LOC8 ms
No record found
SOA3 ms
IN ns49.domaincontrol.com. dns.jomax.net. 2018032803 28800 7200 604800 600 600
NS
IN ns2.x10hosting.com. 3600
IN ns1.x10hosting.com. 3600
IN ns50.domaincontrol.com. 3600
IN ns49.domaincontrol.com. 3600
SRV8 ms
No record found
SPF8 ms
No record found
CNAME8 ms
No record found
MX2 ms
IN 0 prosducamioncm-ca.mail.protection.outlook.com. 3600
AAAA2 ms
No record found

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
You need to remove all other nameservers, for the domain to properly work it can only have ours listed.

lylex10h

Reaction score
Once the domain has been added to cPanel, you can change the MX record with the "MX Entry" tool or you can change the nameservers back to GoDaddy.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
There are workarounds, but I'm not sure you'll be able to add the domain with the other nameservers listed so during that process you need to have ours only as far as I know.

Once the domain is added you can put the godaddy ones back, BUT on any query for your domain any of the nameserver can get the request, which means that if all nameservers does not have the same information (A records, mx records etc) it will only work if the query happen to go to the nameserver that holds the relevant information.

You could remove our nameservers once you have the domain added and use only the godaddy ones, but you need to make sure you set a proper A record that points to the server your account is on. While unlikely to change, you would need to properly update that record if there's any changes regarding the IP of your server as well.

You can add mx records in cpanel, just make sure you use the cpanel x3 theme and not the basic theme. Even if you re-add the godaddy nameservers you would need to set the same mx records for the domain using the controls here.

danielle.seiley61

Prime Account
Reaction score
I have a little bit of experience with this so hopefully this advice will help.

For starters, if you registered your domain name with godaddy then you will need to go to godaddy and change your nameservers there to:
ns1.x10hosting.com & ns2.x10hosting.com

Alright then once you've done that, you need to log into your x10hosting account and change your cPanel theme to Paper_Lantern if it's not already set to that.

Then you need to go your dns records and you need to add your mx records there. Your mx records are for sending & receiving mail. Whoever is hosting your mail will give you the mx records you will need to add your dns records here at x10hosting.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.
Hope this helps.

My setup is probably slightly more advanced than most, but here is my setup.
My registrar is Google Domains. There I set my nameservers to cloudflare.
Then since google hosts my mail, I logged into my x10hosting account and went to my dns records and added the mx records google gave me.
Afterwards I went back to google's website and told them to verify my mx records... It can take 24 to 72 to verify, but after that I was all set to go.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.