Help How to configure mysql.

c740015

Reaction score
Hi I have desbian setup with mysql, php installed..The Thing is I dunno how to setup mysql so that php uses it..I have imported the databases using virtualmin. Made sure the names are exactly same as the old host.When i goto the webpage I get this error... It seems like its not connecting to the databases at all..
Code:
MySQL Error: The PHP MySQL extentions have not been installed. Please ask your administrator to add MySQL support to your PHP installation.
Please could some one help me with this?Thanks.

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
try this:
Code:
apt-get install php5-mysql
then restart apache

if not, check your php.ini for extension=mysql.so and uncomment it
then restart apache

c740015

Reaction score
Hmm It seems that everything is o.k. on that side..

I'm not sure I am doing this correctly. In virtualmin I went to edit databases. Created a new one with the exact same name as the one from my old host.
Then I went to manage Database => Execute SQL => Run SQL From File => Then uploaded the SQL file...

How do I get that to work with my forum.. I have uploaded all the files i the public_html folder and its navigating to the index.php
But it seems not to be connecting to the database I imported..
Am I doing something wrong here. Or am I missing something out???

allofus

Reaction score
Hi c740015,

If you ran the install.sh on a fresh install of debian 5 as discussed a couple of days ago all you would need to do is set the root password for mysql and then create a db / dbuser and point your .php file to it.

phpmyadmin is an easy option for this and takes only moments to setup.
http://library.linode.com/databases/mysql/install-phpmyadmin#installing_phpmyadmin

Have you tried using a mySQL program on your local home/office machine to connect to the database?

c740015

Reaction score
I have SQLyog Enterprize.. I dunno where to find the DB server
DB name
DB user
and the DB password is that my password for root?

And Thanks I have phpmyadmin installed now.. I was wondering about that lol.

c740015

Reaction score
Nice ... I managed to do it..

Lol I just needed to change a few files.. At 1st I dont think it was even looking for a database this is all corrected now..

Thankyou all for your help...