How can I get my files back

Status
Not open for further replies.

lpcomx10

Reaction score
My account was suspended, and unable to lift the suspension. Yes, I've broken rules and I accepted that my account is suspended. But I do really need all my files back since I've worked so hard trying to code all of those, please, if it's possible, please reply.

Regards.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Please review our Terms of Service, sections 5 and 7. Put simply, after violating our Terms of Service with a permanent suspension, we are no longer able to provide backups. A large portion of this is because if the suspension is for copyright infringement/warez, we would then be at risk of providing copyright infringing files back to the customer - this is a major no-no under current US Law, so we just don't risk it.

lpcomx10

Reaction score
So that means I can't have my hard-worked-that-took-almost-a-year files? I don't want to be stubborn or anything but since I've wasted my time all doing that, that means it's still my property. "You cannot steal someones property" - that is an obvious law and also I would come in despair because I lost my lovely files, and that will kill me which is like "Murdering" - also an obvious law. Please. I am not trying to be funny or being so childish, but I rather go to that than lost all my files.

Regards.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Correct we can not provide you with any kind of access, including backups, to your account at this time due to your account being suspended for a ToS violation.

You agreed to those terms when you signed up for your account.

lpcomx10

Reaction score
"at this time", that means it's only temporary? I may have agreed but can you just let this one out? I mean I am not a special or an important person, but that files are important to me.

Regards.

lpcomx10

Reaction score
"at this time", that means it's only temporary? I may have agreed but can you just let this one out? I mean I am not a special or an important person, but that files are important to me.

Regards.
PS: Some peoples just sign up and d

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

We cannot offer backups for suspended accounts, and we have no plans to start giving backups to suspended customers. Since your site contained an illegal installation of popular forum software, giving you backups would mean we would be distributing illegal material, which we cannot do for obvious reasons. Please review Section 7 of our Terms of Service, which I have included below:

If an account is suspended for a breach of the Terms outlined above the account holder will immediately forfeit all rights to the account in question including access to any and all files and\or databases located within the account. x10Hosting is under no obligation to provide backups in full or in part to an account holder that has been suspended.

Thank you,

lpcomx10

Reaction score
So there is no other way to get my codes? I don't actually need the IPB, just the customizations I made there. If possible, for just '1' minute or 5, so I can make the backup myself. Please give me some time to download all the files I need, just please. That way, it's not going to be you who give me the backup. You all know that it's like my sons life lying in there.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

No, we cannot allow access to a suspended account's files, due to the legal risks that have already been described.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

lpcomx10

Reaction score
Please, just unsuspend it for a minute and give me time, I will reply here if I'm done making up the backup. I don't get it, I've worked hard, harder than anyone just to make that forum become attractable yet it is still pointless. Is this a fate? Because my life is same as this, whatever hard work I do, they will still never notice me. Last request, please, just let me make difference between this and my life.
ps not really a fan of drama

caftpx10

Reaction score
As they've all said, you've agreed to all of this by registering.
You're responsible for reading the Terms of Service in the first place. You're also responsible for making any backups. If you rely on it being safe here when it's a no-no then you can't have the files back. It's as simple as that, no matter how important the files are.

Also, the risks are the same for many free web hosts, probably a bit more relaxed with paid (depending on what is being violated). Not implying that this should be done, by the way.

Last edited:

lpcomx10

Reaction score
oh, actually, I make always daily backups and it's on my 'to-do list'. But this time around I just got busy and forgot to do the schedule I supposed to do. Last time I check is I made backup last month, May 20 I think. Though on that day, my files isn't important as today so yeah.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
On May 20th your account didn't exist yet. Your account was created on 6-2-15; if you aren't mistaken and you have been working on this for a year, you should still have the modifications as uploading files to the server doesn't erase the originals, it uploads a copy.

As we've done enough beating-around-the-bush here and we've made our position abundantly clear, I am closing this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.