How fast is your internet (download)?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

oo7josh

Reaction score
I have a 256Kbps pretty slow as to what I get back in New York
UP is around 59 Down is 255
Right now in India the fastest is 8MBps but only in select areas like Banglore and Mumbai. I can only get as fast as 2MBps and that costs around $70pm or Rs. 3300 pm. i'm wating for them to roll out 5mbps for Souther India (Kerala, TN and Karnataka)
Still i wish i was back in New York

mattspec

Reaction score
i top out at about 850kb/s down and 65kb/s up, it was a 5mb line that got upgraded by the provider to 7mb, the price is just shy of $50/mth so no complaints :)

trebor

Reaction score
it fluctuates between 54 and 24 depending on time of day and if my roommate/landlord is on...
I'm wirelessly connected while he has the direct line so his system tends to hog our bandwidth...

Max1337

Reaction score
rofl 160 for 2 mbps :eek4: thats crazy, i got a friend who has like 20 mbps but only pays 30 a month for it lol

GreaseMonkeys

Reaction score
I've got broadband, and once and a while i've gotten a download speed of 16mbps but it usually goes around 1-1.5mpbs average... upload speeds are 56kbps-250kbps

Chris Z

Reaction score
We pay for the 1.5Mbps downstream/256Kbps upstream, on a good day, we get about half of that, most often, it's about 200-300kbps downstream and much slower upstream.

flurgal

Reaction score
lol virgin media is rubbish (or it could just be that im using wireless atm :p) We pay £60 p/m -about $120- for 20mpbs. i get 4mpbs/20kbps...

cheesy and expensive :(

satbir

Reaction score
Batelco - Local internet service provider was having nearly monopoly so basically get whetever they plz.

Clinton

Reaction score
I'm at 5mbps at the moment. I can't afford to spend any more for a faster speed just yet.

GG-Xtreme

Reaction score
I get 20Mpbs, NO I DON'T HAVE FIOS...DOWN WITH VERIZON!! I use it for game/chat server hosting (5Mbps upload).

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Right now, I have Verizon DSL running at 3201kbps down, 760kbps up according to Speakeasy. I'll be able to get 30Mbps/15Mbps from Verizon FiOS during the summer if I wanted to, but the DSL is rock solid and is always fast during peak hours. Note: This is in Kilobits (kb), not Kilobytes (Kb)

Last edited:

XPhire

Reaction score
128kbps - 1mbps my vote.

I only have 510kbps - 120kbps. I live in the country and the most I can get it 1mbps and thats 90$ a month. Soon I will be able to get 10mbps and for only 60$. I will be so damn happy when this day comes. =D

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Look in my sig. 12674 kb/s up and 865 kb/s down. Faster than 92% of the earth. 100% faster than my town lol. When I move into an appartment I will connect all "safety-free" wireless networks trought a program called "teepipe". Then it will be even more faster. Muhahahaha!

Last edited:

Xemnas

Reaction score
:::.. testmy.net test results ..:::
Download Connection is:: 548 Kbps about 0.55 Mbps (tested with 579 kB)
Download Speed is:: 67 kB/s
Upload Connection is:: 160 Kbps about 0.2 Mbps (tested with 386 kB)
Upload Speed is:: 20 kB/s

Damn you Dad, how come you get to have the 20Mbps connection >=(

adrenlinerush

Reaction score
I get about 1.9 mbps down and 400 kbps up although i think its supposed to be 1.5 and 256 but im like a block from the switching station on dsl...

Status
Not open for further replies.