How to stop old redirection in FireFox

Status
Not open for further replies.

apbg2801

Reaction score
Hi Frenz,

My site used to redirect to http://MYSITENAME.com/cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi, by default, when it was first created.

Now it is still redirecting to that site. How do I ask Firefox to use/refresh its cache for this particular site? I don't want to delete all my browser cache.

Site appears okay from un-cached browsers.

TIA. :lockd:

styphon1984

Reaction score
Pressing Ctrl+F5 should force the browser to refresh and then it should pick up your site.

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Last edited:

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score

apbg2801

Reaction score
Ctrl+F5 refreshes the current page means already you loaded the defaultwebpage.cgi. So it loads that is not we want

Clear the browser cache and try, You can also try opera browser.

As I have mentioned already 1) Site opens fine from other(un-cached with my site) browsers. 2) I don't want to delete whole of my cache.

I know clearing the cache will resolve the issue. But I want to clear the cache of only MYSITENAME.com, not all.

Question open to the real hackers.

Hala!! :biggrin:

**Edit:
Hey Frenz.. I'm gonna use the Cacheviewer extension for FF and from there I'll delete all traces of files associated with MYSITENAME.com. He he. Posting back with output.

Last edited:

tartou2

Banned
Reaction score
New versions of firefox don't offer this option.
Old versions like 2.16 offered the option to clear cache to specific websites but not the new ones.

You need to clear the whole browser cache

apbg2801

Reaction score
New versions of firefox don't offer this option.
Old versions like 2.16 offered the option to clear cache to specific websites but not the new ones.

You need to clear the whole browser cache

Sorry but Completely untrue. I used the the CacheViewer extension(https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fi...ion_uuid=e7f6ea21-c7bd-db04-13a6-c1a1ec43580f). I was able to selectively delete MYSITENAME.com cache and thus able to correct the said issue.

Now everything works perfectly. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.