Huh, Where's the RSS feed?

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Is there supposed to be a button for it anywhere?

Cause I do see one - up in Firefox's url bar. Firefox is picking up the rss tag in the html and is letting me click its little icon to see the RSS, but I don't see one on the page itself (which I'm guessing is what you're saying is broken).

QueenHawkeye

Reaction score
Yeah, firefox catches the rss tag. For some crazy reason it just doesn't show the icon on the page, even though the widget showed it before.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, I dun use wordpress so my knowledge on this is sparse at best, but I can say this much: its not a missing image or anything like that. The only links to the RSS feed appearing in the page are embedded ones that Firefox is picking up for its own RSS button - the widget/mambot/component simply isn't displaying it anymore.

No idea why it would suddenly stop though. Is it maybe something where it'll display the RSS once there's enough news articles to over-flow the front-page?

QueenHawkeye

Reaction score
Hm..that's weird. If I take all the widgets out the RSS button shows up on it's own.

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
so you are saying that the RSS works only by itself, and if you add some other widget it doesn't show?

if so, then maybe the other widget interferes with the RSS, although highly un-likely..it could be possible

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
so you are saying that the RSS works only by itself, and if you add some other widget it doesn't show?

if so, then maybe the other widget interferes with the RSS, although highly un-likely..it could be possible

I wouldn't say highly unlikely, anything thats an addon thats poorly coded can cause conflicts, no matter what CMS/forum you're using.

I'd call it highly likely instead; does it occur with ANY widget, or does it stop showing up with just one in particular?

And if it's just one, what happens if you run its name on google and see if anyones posted an unofficial fix for it?