I need urgent help, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

epsonrok85

Reaction score
A few weeks ago, I received a free co.cc domain name. Well, thanks for the information provided by one of the members here who checked my whois, I was said that I had it set-up incorrectly; it was set-up as URL redirection when it was suppose to be set-up as the nameservers ns1 and ns2. I ended up setting it up the way it's suppose to be, but I've been waiting for nearly a week and a half and the co.cc domain has yet to replace the x10.mx domain. I don't know what to do now, because neither http://undeadoralive.co.cc nor http://undeadoralive.x10.mx work. I thought it was suppose to take only 2 days, but it's turning out to be over a week and a half. Any help, please?

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
Your domain still comes up as URL forwarding when I do a whois on it.

make sure when you enter the nameservers, you enter them correctly or else it might not take them.

ns1.x10hosting.com
ns2.x10hosting.com

epsonrok85

Reaction score
I did switch the settings to 'Name Server' and added the ns1 and ns2 nameservers. However, whenever I click 'save', it still shows that URL Forwarding is the default setting for the domain. I'm not sure if it's a technical issue with co.cc, but it's really stressful considering that I had to wait for over a week for them to enable my domain, yet, it's not working.

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
You may need to contact co.cc's support as we have nothing to do with them other than simply giving basic instructions.

epsonrok85

Reaction score
You may need to contact co.cc's support as we have nothing to do with them other than simply giving basic instructions.

I sent them a support request earlier today, and I'm still waiting for a reply. But anyway, I have another question. Even if we get the name servers to work, will the site still exist even though the original domain ( http://undeadoralive.x10.mx ) doesn't seem to 'exist' anymore either?

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
If we can get the nameservers to work, the account itself still exists and all content on it should still be there. It's just unviewable right now cause the nameserver's aren't set right and there's no other domains set up (you have the co.cc as the main domain).

epsonrok85

Reaction score
Oh well that's good for me to know, then. You've brightened my day, haha. All I need to do is get co.cc to respond to either my support request or my email that I sent to their Help email, and then everything should be fine I suppose. No offense to them, but they really do have slow support. But meh, I guess it's because it's the weekend. Let's hope they respond soon! :)

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
If all else fails, put in another main-domain change request and change it back to one of the free subdomains, and then add the co.cc as a parked/addon domain once they get their nameserver fiasco fixed :)

It's not perfect, and given that there's a lot of server-load being caused from terminations right now the domain change could be slow, but it -is- an option :)

epsonrok85

Reaction score
Alright, thank you for that information. :)

Well, I'm still waiting for a reply from their support team. I sent both the email and the support request yesterday afternoon. I even just sent another email just a few moments ago.

epsonrok85

Reaction score
I finally got the name servers set up properly. I used one of the computers at school to change the settings, and well, it worked! The site's back up, but for some reason, it looks as if it's been defaced or something... undeadoralive.co.cc

Is there a way that I can get all of that fixed? Thanks. :)

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Go into the administration panel of your MyBB script and change the url to your co.cc one in the global settings or something similar.

epsonrok85

Reaction score
Hm, now it keeps logging me out whenever I try to login. I even cleared my browser's cache, so I don't know why it's doing it. I can't get into the admin panel without having my account stay logged in, haha.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
It's likely related to cookies, specifically the cookie domain set.

The only option left to sort that would be editing inside the database, make sure that you take a backup before doing that though. I'm not familiar with MyBB, so I can't say what table and values you need to look at. Typically the table would be named something containing settings or config (although that is not certain)

Last edited:

epsonrok85

Reaction score
I just now deleted the cookies on my browser, but whenever I try to log into the forum, it continues to log me out. Also, could you explain in further detail what you mean by 'editing inside the database'?
Thanks. :)

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
She means directly via PHPMyAdmin as opposed to trying to do it from within mybb. Make a backup first though, this is risky on a good day, but it's the option we're down to :(

epsonrok85

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but I'm not very smart with technical stuff like that, haha. How do I access PHPMyAdmin and fix the issue?

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
About 2/3 of the way down the page you will see the section Databases
Click on icon for phpMyAdmin
When it loads, click on link for your database (it is on the left side)
List of tables then will be on the left

epsonrok85

Reaction score
My site looks as if it was defaced. Also, every time I try to login, it shows the message that states I logged in, but, really, I'm logged out. How can I fix those two problems using PHPMyAdmin? http://undeadoralive.co.cc

Last edited:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
More than likely the reason the page looks messed up is because the domain isn't your x10.mx domain like the MyBB configuration -thinks- it is. That shows cause quite a few of the links still go to undeadoralive.x10.mx.

To be honest I'm not sure any of us have actually had this problem with MyBB, but I'd be willing to bet a quick google search would turn up where that's stored in the configuration. The login/logout issue is a Cookie problem, if that helps - it's trying to set the cookie for undeadoralive.x10.mx, but the site isn't actually .x10.mx anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.