I want start my own directory site

goodone

Reaction score
I want to start my very own directory site, something like a yahoo but I just don't know where to start and I don't have any money to start this venture. A type of directory where people can advertise, exchange information, chat with each other and more. I would need a free directory script and some help intalling it. Do you guys konw of any free script that I can use to build a directory website.

Any suggestions??

tam-iam

Reaction score
You might want to look at some of the CMS programs here. Many of the programs have directory capability with options for forums, article submission, blogs, galleries and more.

lionheart8

Reaction score
There are free directory scripts around, but if u wánt a portal which combines a number capabilities, including a directory, then as tam-iam says a CMS like those at that address may provide what you need. Naked directory scripts are more specialized for their work and are likely to have more functionality for that job than all-in-one solutions, though.
A place to look for directory scripts would be www.hotscripts.com, where there free & commercial scripts listed.