Image gallery limit

Status
Not open for further replies.

biogenic160

Reaction score
how can i know if im reaching the limit of picture gallery, does the images used in site like buttons and background menu counts? can i have a folder called gallery and count the size in there, i read that you can only use 1gb to save pictures

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
Hello,

The "Image Gallery" is if you have like a collection of images of yourself or other things involving your personal life hosted on your website, perhaps using a gallery script to display them to visitors. Here are some of the things that would be included:
- Photos of yourself or family, pets, etc.
- If you are a professional or amateur photographer, photos that you have taken
- If you are an artist or like making art, pictures that you have created
- If you are a web designer, screenshots of websites and logos that you have designed
- Webcomics, etc.

Things that would NOT count towards the 1GB limit
- Images such as buttons that have to do more with the layout of the site rather than the content
- Images that are uploaded as part of a forum attachment feature by your users (provided, of course, that this isn't being used as a means of sharing a photo gallery)

You can arrange the images on your site as you see fit -- if putting them in a gallery folder so you can count the size of it makes it easier for you, then by all means do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.