Index.php got wiped...

Status
Not open for further replies.

strawbe9

Reaction score
Soo.. I was using the cPanel theme because I needed the access MX records. When I went to open my index.php, IT CLEARED THE WHOLE DOCUMENT! And now it's permanently gone... I don't know what to do!!

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm seeing an active index.php file with content in it; did you reupload it recently?

I've not heard of a case where changing anything in cPanel would wipe your index.php file as well, as it's not modifying any files inside public_html whenever you change settings. The only thing that should be able to wipe it is if you edit it via file manager.

strawbe9

Reaction score
I'm seeing an active index.php file with content in it; did you reupload it recently?

I've not heard of a case where changing anything in cPanel would wipe your index.php file as well, as it's not modifying any files inside public_html whenever you change settings. The only thing that should be able to wipe it is if you edit it via file manager.
I just took the time to recode it all... I figured you wouldn't be able to do much about it anyway, and it showed the file as blank when I opened it once so it was just completely gone.. I have no idea what happened, it was because of switching themes for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.