Input script

c740015

Reaction score
Hi im trying to make a multiple input script..

Bascially i want a big input box where i can paste multiple lines of text
the text i will be pasting will be codes eg

123asd-2334ccc-3344ffv-3334ffc

the codes are 32 digits and 3 -

But I wanna submit more than 1 at a time to a list of codes

basically i want the codes to be submitted

and then displayed on another page where i can sort them into catagory's
eg EU ,, NA ,, JP ,, HK

so on the page after submitted it would show the code and have a option for me to move it into a certain catagory

and then obviously have a catagory listing that i can view all the codes in..

I am really stuck at this and cant seem to find anything anywhere...

Basically have a gallery of images and they all have a unique code.. i wanna place them
into catagorys of what region the images work in..

misson

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
If I'm understanding the problem, a textarea is what you're looking for. On the server, split the field value on whitespace to get an array of codes.

c740015

Reaction score
Yeah that right a multiline textbox..

so i can submit multiple codes and then have something that i can press to put them in a catagory...

Is there anyway i can do this?

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
Yes. As misson pointed out, have a textarea to submit the codes and put a space between each code. next, on the server-side, the content is split into an array based on the space. Next, the whole classification interface would be an AJAX application with some client and server side programming.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
What is the goal of the script? To put entries in a mySQL db? Put images in separate directories?

Can images have more than one catagory?

Are the images on your local computer or on the server?

Do you want the script to populate the textarea with image names from a db or directory?

c740015

Reaction score
What is the goal of the script? To put entries in a mySQL db? Put images in separate directories?

Can images have more than one catagory?

Are the images on your local computer or on the server?

Do you want the script to populate the textarea with image names from a db or directory?

The main goal is yes.

to have a database of all images...

also the images will be in multiple catagorys

the multi txt box is to that when people submit a huge list of ITEM CODES.. which are the links to the images.
they can then be sorted into catagory's with a click of a button.. and they can have multiple catagory's.

They are for items that you can use on the playstation are there seperated into regions..

for example one item might work in 3 regions.. while another may only work in 1...

each time a list of codes are submitted on a webpage.. i want to have an admin panel or even a link thats not public so i can sort them into a catagory that works...

I dont even need the images i could use the original image..

so i want item ID which will be a 32 digit number and Image name which is always small.png or similar..

and beable to sort them into a catagory.,.

this would be amazing as it would save huge amounts of time.. and it would be so easy to update and maintain..

Thanks.