Is there a problem with the server?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigam

Reaction score
My site has been down all day, and I am unable to access C-Panel. Is this a temporary problem, or is it something worse?

Thanks much for any info.

bigam

Reaction score
I have flushed my DNS and cleared my cache, and I still have no access to my site or my C-Panel.

I'm not sure how you're seeing it, as I have checked on different computers with different IP addresses, and also on my smartphone, and none of those can access my site or C-Panel either.

What should I try next?

Thanks much.

meadowlark

Reaction score
I have flushed my DNS and cleared my cache, and I still have no access to my site or my C-Panel.

I'm not sure how you're seeing it, as I have checked on different computers with different IP addresses, and also on my smartphone, and none of those can access my site or C-Panel either.

What should I try next?

Thanks much.

That's just about what I am receiving also - I had two individuals outside my ISP check and they are receiving an "open directory" and Proudly Served by LiteSpeed Web Server at tallgrasspixels.elementfx.com Port 80.

I then attempted to access via FTP and that's signing on and timing out. CPanel is a no go.

bigam

Reaction score
Your site is working.

I've seen the mods responding this way on several similar threads. "Your site is working..." I have tried the site in this thread, along with others, and they are NOT working for me either. What concerns me is that they are working for the mods, but not for the average Joe.

How do the mods determine that they are working?

Do you visit the site?

Can you access the C-Panel?

Because if you can, I would gladly pay you to go to my C-Panel, zip up all my files, and email them to me. At least then, I'm not shaking over here, wondering if my files have been lost and I've just wasted 45 days of site development.

Please let us know.

Thanks much.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
We visit the site. (And we're not "mods", at least for the most part; we're just users with relatively high post counts. We have access to tools that will give us meta information about your account, but we don't have access to your files, etc.) I'm seeing "Park City Radio Home" at bigamerica.x10.mx (with a couple of large background images -- a blue textile and a "spotlight" overlay that could use some dithering to get around some posterization problems) and an "Index of" at tallgrasspixels.elementfx.com.

Do note, though, that sometimes it's an ISP problem that makes a short-term server blip into a long-term outage for users; they often aggressively cache DNS resolution (and sometimes files -- server error pages are notoriously sticky). Clearing your DNS cache and history won't solve problems you're having with a server standing between you and your site. If you know the IP address for your server, you should be able to access cPanel using port 2083 even if DNS resolution isn't working for you.

theworkshop

Reaction score
bigam and meadowlark, I can view both your sites. I think you can rest assured your work is still all intact.

bigam, your site http://bigamerica.x10.mx/ shows the member log in page as described above. Due to the fact I'm not a member, that is as far as I can see.

meadowlark, your site http://tallgrasspixels.elementfx.com shows a directory index as mentioned above, the private folder is user name and password secured, clicking on the meadowlark folder opens a web page, "autumn run". I can use the 'browse' index at the head of that page to view many other categories and pages. It all seems to all be there.

If I open the web page elementfx.com, it takes me to the default http://www.x10hosting.com/ so perhaps you need to check a few cpanel domain settings but I don't think that would be causing your inability to see your web page.

Last edited:

bigam

Reaction score
We visit the site. (And we're not "mods", at least for the most part; we're just users with relatively high post counts. We have access to tools that will give us meta information about your account, but we don't have access to your files, etc.) I'm seeing "Park City Radio Home" at bigamerica.x10.mx (with a couple of large background images -- a blue textile and a "spotlight" overlay that could use some dithering to get around some posterization problems) and an "Index of" at tallgrasspixels.elementfx.com.

Do note, though, that sometimes it's an ISP problem that makes a short-term server blip into a long-term outage for users; they often aggressively cache DNS resolution (and sometimes files -- server error pages are notoriously sticky). Clearing your DNS cache and history won't solve problems you're having with a server standing between you and your site. If you know the IP address for your server, you should be able to access cPanel using port 2083 even if DNS resolution isn't working for you.

Thanks so much for the response, essellar.

You have certainly lowered my blood pressure by confirming that at least my files are still there. My site is obviously hosted at x10, but other than the info they have provided me, I have no idea what the IP address for my site is.

How would I attain that info? And if I had it, what exactly would I do with it?

And do you have tools which would allow you to get into my C-Panel if I provided you necessary username/password info, so you could zip up all of my files and email them to me?

I have an enormous amount of time invested in this site, and would happily compensate you for your time/help in recovering a backup of my files and database.

Thanks for your help.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
There's no good, secure way for you to give me your user credentials (the PM system isn't encrypted, and while the site admins are careful about security, it's still a risk that shouldn't be taken), and I'd be going in "as you". Yes, your files, etc., are still there, and it shouldn't take too long before you have access (even the most aggressive ISP caches I've seen generally only hold onto fetched data for 24 hours). If you absolutely can't wait, you can find the IP address info in the Server Moves thread in the News and Announcements forum. (I can't log into the account information application from here, so I can't give you the IP address for your server -- I don't know what server you're on). Just put the IP address in where you'd normally see servername.x10hosting.com in the cPanel URL, like https://123.456.789.123:2083/, and you should be able to get through.

bigam

Reaction score
Thanks guys.

I am able to reach the level and vox servers using the method you described. But those servers don't recognize my username and password and tells me my login is invalid. I assume that means my account is on the absolut server, which I cannot access (it times out). So again, I am without access.

I can easily email you my sign in coordinates, eseller. I don't care about potential security issues (I can change all my passwords), I just really need a .zip backup of my files and database. It's been 3 days now and still no clearing from my ISP. I wonder if they have just rejected the .mx extension altogether. I can't wait any longer. I'm so far behind as it is.

So could you PM me your email address, and allow me to send you my sign-in creds? I'm happy to pay you for this service via PayPal.

Thanks much, eseller. You have been extremely helpful!

jjordan69

Reaction score
Server users..........moved to Server
Boru IP: 69.175.121.66 ==> Level IP: 198.91.81.3
Chopin IP: 69.175.104.34 ==> Vox IP: 198.91.81.4
Lotus IP: 184.154.58.130 ==> Vox IP: 198.91.81.4
Starka IP: 69.175.120.122 ==> Absolut IP: 198.91.81.2
Stoli IP: 69.175.122.178 ==> Absolut IP: 198.91.81.2

bigam

Reaction score
Again, no access to the absolut server, and login invalid returns on level and vox.

What the hell happened here? Everything was running smoothly, and the all of a sudden 72 hours ago, crap hit the fan. Obviously Im not the only one affected by this. But the silence of what is going on is deafening.

Are there any actual x10 employees monitoring this forum?

Last edited:

Merc41

Reaction score
As with the other 2 posters on this thread I can't log into my site either! I can log into 50 million OTHER websites but not myown merc41server.x10.mx Really strange!

j_player5952

Reaction score
I have the same problem as above.

My website is http://w1.x10.mx/
The root index page is http://w1.x10.mx/index.html which is a custom 404 not found html page.
I have many other html and php pages in subdirectories which cannot be accessed. They all time out.
I attempted to check them at the cPanel, and I successfully logged in the portal here: https://x10hosting.com/portal/?

Then I clicked on the button for "Access cPanel" and I came to a cPanel page that had an empty cPanel (the menus and icons were missing from it -- only a blank space about an inch tall where the menus usually are in the cPanel).

I closed the cPanel tab, then logged out of the portal page, and attempted to log in again.
This time I did not reach a cPanel page.
I was on this page: https://level.x10hosting.com:2083/login/?login_theme=cpanel
And I got this error message instead of a cPanel:

Internal Server Error
The server is too busy to handle your request. Please wait a few minutes and try again.
cpsrvd/11.32.4.14 Server at level.x10hosting.com

It has remained this way for the past 2 hours since I tried to access my pages.

J_P

squadx69

Reaction score
Same problem with LEVEL server.
Although I can connect to FTP, but get 500 error on cPanel and website doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.