Litespeed here we come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
We are in the process of testing out the Litespeed web server for free hosting, more information about Litespeed can be found at their site here: http://litespeedtech.com

So far it is currently running on Starka and Lotus, if all goes well it will be pushed to the other servers next week. With the change to Litespeed we have the option to possibly support Ruby and some other applications in the future.

More information regarding this upgrade will be released over the next few weeks as changes are made.

Last edited:

disease74

Reaction score
Thank you for all the hard work I love the service so far its simple and effective!

zer0ne1337

Reaction score
This awesome! I never expected anyone to offer free LiteSpeed hosting.1 :)

alexanderbuckland71

Reaction score
Since you started running starka on litespeed ... I have been unable to get into the Rvglobalsoft site builder, I also got errors on the left of my cpanel, after about 30 mins of trying random things it all started working again, although the server is MUCH slower than normal ...is litespeed to blame?

vekou

Reaction score
is the litespeed that you are using a free or enterprise version?

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
is the litespeed that you are using a free or enterprise version?
Currently it is free hosting only. As far as I know there is no intention to implement this for paid yet, and VPS you need to manually install.

If you're referring to the version of Litespeed, I don't think Litespeed offers a free version but I'm not sure. If you are referring to enterprise and owned, aren't they exactly the same but one has support included?

vekou

Reaction score
Currently it is free hosting only. As far as I know there is no intention to implement this for paid yet, and VPS you need to manually install.

If you're referring to the version of Litespeed, I don't think Litespeed offers a free version but I'm not sure. If you are referring to enterprise and owned, aren't they exactly the same but one has support included?
I was referring to the Litespeed version. Apparently, their website lists two version, the Standard and Enterprise, http://litespeedtech.com/litespeed-web-server-editions.html. I was just wondering which version is being used on the free hosting servers, since using the paid will incur additional costs for x10Hosting.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Not sure if the Standard Edition could handle the x10 set up.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
It's the enterprise version. Starka will most likely have some random issues over the next few days, we are watching it and fixing them as they come up. Remember that we just dropped in a replacement web server to thousands of accounts so there will be issues. It took us years to perfect our other setup and I expect a week or two to transition all the changes, tweaks, etc that we've made over the years to litespeed. So far it has been working better than expected. Please report issues as they come up though so we can get a fix out. Once this is all working as expected it should be faster than Apache and allow us more flexibility with other features.

tondopie

Reaction score
Have you looked into nginx? I use it on my development server. It can probably handle more requests than Litespeed. It's magical.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Have you looked into nginx? I use it on my development server. It can probably handle more requests than Litespeed. It's magical.

And break many websites. Unless there is a workaround for the .htaccess differences.

requiem9650

Reaction score
Thanks for the upgrade, though, a stupid question (and more proof I should go lie down and think before I post)

Is my site supposed to be down orrrrrrrrr... something wrong?

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
The issue on Starka has been resolved now, as has the issue on Boru according to the status website. :)

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
At the moment I believe Litespeed is in testing stages on Starka and Lotus. When everything is all figured out and has been tested to destruction, it might be introduced to the other servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.