lotus outages ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

phoenix2010

Reaction score
ok i suppose someone could shed light on why most of the time i seem to be getting the conection was reset page when i try to log onto my site .

seems more often than not the system is either down or suffering a massive slowdown

twice ive tried to log on today and twice ive had the same problem?

any ideas?

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Lotus has been having some issues for several hours. There have been several threads started about it. Hopefully it will be resolved very soon.

phoenix2010

Reaction score
again thanks for the fast return info carl

hopefully i will be able to get on the site at some point this eveing here in the uk !

phoenix2010

Reaction score
well still no further with the outages and recon its bed time

hopefully tommorow we should have a normal service on lotus but im not holding my breath

iwarrior

Reaction score
im having the same problem for weeks im just tired of this if there is few visitors to my website they see that and they dont come back again there is no point in having a website is it?

Last edited:

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
If your site has to have 100% uptime, then paid hosting is going to be more suited to your needs.

phoenix2010

Reaction score
The initial point im trying to make is, what is the point of having free hosting at all if it never runs as it should.

paid or not you would like to have a basic level of service as such a visitor can actualy see your web site .

i can understand issues with server load on the free servers, but i thought was one of the points why the

free acounts got migrated over to the new data centre to give the whole x10 set up more stability ?

is there an official take on what the actual problems are causing all the problems of late ?

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
No matter where the servers are located, there will always be abusers on free hosting that will drain system resources and crash vital services.
X10 can do what they want with free hosting, as they have no financial obligation to offer you the service, so you should be happy with what you are offered: you will have a tough - or impossible - task finding any free host that offers services any where near comparable to X10.
Anyway, Lotus is back up now.

gohardclan

Reaction score
Not for long.
The other moment its online.
The other moment its down.

And I totally agree with phoenix2010.
And also, if the free host wasn't here X10 wouldn't big this big.
Cause their payed hosting is not cheap...

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
And I totally agree with phoenix2010.
And also, if the free host wasn't here X10 wouldn't big this big.
Cause their payed hosting is not cheap...
You get what you pay for.
• If you pay nothing, expect nothing.
• If you pay a premium price, expect a premium service.
So, X10 should already be exceeding your expectations if you paid nothing. When Lotus is back up to full strength, which I have no doubt it will be soon, you'll be paying nothing for a very good service.

buyphiten

Reaction score
i seriously agree that although its free, it should at least fulfill e basic uptime. Not expecting 100% uptime, but this server doesn't even serve 80%????

Now its totally down at the moment.

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
In this past week Lotus has actually had a respectable 93% uptime. However, in the last year it has had better than 96% uptime.
I can assure you, this past week has not been the best representation of the uptime offered.

Last edited:

dlukin

Reaction score
I don't know where your statistics come from, but some points.
Going back a year is nice, but try going back from February, when the first migration started messing everything else.
Second, by a lot of statistics, Lotus is now up. That is, HTTP works even though MySQL does not. Since a large percentage of sites here rely on MySQL (WordPress, forums, etc), Lotus is effectively offline for those users. But the stats would say Lotus is up.
93% uptime is ok if the outages are spread out. If all 7% occurs at one time, that is a major problem.
You do not include all the Lotus accounts that were lost in the move of data centers. For them it is worse than 100% downtime. Absolut had the same problem.

kaepos

Reaction score
by a lot of statistics, Lotus is now up. That is, HTTP works even though MySQL does not. Since a large percentage of sites here rely on MySQL (WordPress, forums, etc), Lotus is effectively offline for those users. But the stats would say Lotus is up.

I'd have to agree. I haven't been able to access my wordpress for the better part of a couple weeks. And when I can, it's slow going and frustrating when you make an entry and it times out.

buyphiten

Reaction score
either http is up, but sql is down.
or up, but performing unusally slow.

last year when i just join x10 free hosting, it was still great.
i thought of moving some of the more crucial sites over from paid to here.

but this year lotus has been giving me problems. either its down or performing very slowly.
for example now, as i am typing this message, http takes long time to load or it doesn't load. even when it is loaded, sql is down. cpanel and ftp are totally down.

i understand there's difference between paid and free hosting. but if free host is of such standard, it kinda makes me worry about paid host at x10. by then there will be argument of difference between shared and vps hosting...

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
I am making this thread a sticky so Everyone on lotus can read this issue.

phoenix2010

Reaction score
all i can say is lemon tree your stats must be based on times i wasnt logging into the system !

from the outset ive tried to give positive realistic feedback about x10 and to be honest it is a good basic

system that works very well ! when it actualy works !

is it too much to ask even based on free servers to deliver at least a system that works ?

bit pointless having a free set up that spends most of its time falling over wouldnt you say !

Status
Not open for further replies.