Multiple repository setup for Fossil SCM not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

isxekmail194

Reaction score
Hello,

First off, thank you for the free hosting here at x10. It's allowing me to learn a few things about website administration, and work on a few other things as well.

I would like to ask for assistance in getting some error logs related to my recent actions here on my account. Here's a brief background on what I was trying to accomplish:

I've been playing around trying to put up a multiple-repository Fossil setup with my space here on x10hosting. I have 2 repository files in the "repos" directory - one for a tech manual I'm working with (which I now stopped pushing here since it's becoming bigger), one for a small game library - which I wanted to access via a 3-line CGI script similar to this (see below):

Code:
#!/path/to/fossil
directory: /path/to/repo-dir
notfound: /blog

This comes from Fossil SCM's author himself on a post to the fossil-users mailing list, which should be pretty safe to do. This will allow Fossil SCM to access any repository file within the directory specified in "directory:" and if the one specified in the URL is not found, it will issue a redirect to the "notfound" URL.

There's another version of the CGI script used for single repo files:

Code:
#!/path/to/fossil
repository: /path/to/repo-file

If I set up index.cgi with the 2-line script for single repos, it works fine with *each* of the 2 repos. If I follow the 3-line set-up given at the post above, I'm getting "Internal Server Error" messages.

The permissions set on the repo folder is at 777. All the repo files have 766. Both the folder where Fossil lives, the index.cgi file, and Fossil itself, have 755.

On Windows, the intended function works fine, which rules out issues from the repo file itself and the Fossil executable.

The reason I'd like to get a copy of the error logs is to help a friend who knows more about Linux see what's going on. He asked if it's possible to get them from you guys so he can take a look, so here I am. :) If I went beyond what's allowed by the hosting policy, please let me know too.

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 PM ----------

Can anyone confirm if the Stoli server is experiencing the same issues as Boru? I've been able to make this setup before on Stoli, and for some reason it's not working now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.