My PHP files stopped working, while html pages and images are fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmlx10ho

Reaction score
Today I tried accessing my homepage, which is index.php, it showed as a blank page, no error message. Tried to access a simple PHP file with phpinfo(), get 403 error:
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /cgi-bin/pinfo.php on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I've tried changing the permission of the files under public-html folder from 0644 to 0755, no luck.

If I type the direct URL of a html page, or a PHP file with static contents, it's OK.

My website is http://dml.x10host.com/

Please help. Thanks!

dmlx10ho

Reaction score
AFAIK phpinfo() is disabled on some servers. http://dml.x10host.com/cgi-bin/hello.php and http://dml.x10host.com/cgi-bin/yh.php work for me.

Thanks for your help! hello.php and yh.php are simple test pages and nothing dynamic there. I've tried other PHP and found that curl stopped working. How to make CURL work, by upgrading to premium? I've checked the x10Premium website but found no features list to compare. CURL is important to me and it has been working since the day I registered (longer than 1 year). This is actually the first time I see anything is wrong with my site on X10. Are these changes on PHP features permanent? Again thank you for the help!

Last edited:

lylex10h

Reaction score
Try changing your PHP version and see if that makes a difference. I'm on PHP 7.0 and it shows "cURL support | enabled".

dmlx10ho

Reaction score
Try changing your PHP version and see if that makes a difference. I'm on PHP 7.0 and it shows "cURL support | enabled".

That might be it! I've tried "Select PHP Version" in cPanel and found that CURL is NOT in the list from version 5.5 to 7.2, see the screenshot for 7.2
upload_2018-4-3_12-24-32.png

Guess I'll have to upgrade to premium - which is fine for me. Thank you for your help my friend!

lylex10h

Reaction score
I don't think this is an "upgrade to premium" or PHP Extensions thing. The attached image is from my account and it shows "cURL support | enabled" when I check.

Attachments

• php_ext.png
    php_ext.png
    16.7 KB · Views: 5

dmlx10ho

Reaction score
I don't think this is an "upgrade to premium" or PHP Extensions thing. The attached image is from my account and it shows "cURL support | enabled" when I check.

Right, your screenshot shows the same list as mine for version 7.0; Checking in PHP by calling "get_loaded_extensions" and curl is in the list; calling "extension_loaded('curl') " and it returns True; so it seems curl is enabled on my site. I will change to 7.0 and see if it makes difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.