MySQL Issues - Token Mismatch and PDOException: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002]

Status
Not open for further replies.

cantonwi

Reaction score
Hi X10Hosting,

I was shuffling some files around and deleting files with the File Manager to clear up some space due to X10Hosting's silence on my request for increased disk space back on March 11, 2018. Later on, I reloaded my website and encountered some problems. My website is using Drupal 7.57. When using phpMyAdmin, I get a dialog box message: "Error: mismatch token". I cannot operate phpMyAdmin any further. Any other place I go to, I get the same dialog box message. Therefore, phpMyAdmin just became useless without bypassing such error.

When I try to go to my website (i.e., www domain or the X10 domain), I receive this error message: PDOException: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory in lock_may_be_available() (line 167 of /home/cantonwi/public_html/includes/lock.inc).

At first, I tried to restore my website to a previous known working state with R1Soft Restore Backups section/option. But I still received the same above errors. I restored to other previous known working states and still the same error. I also tried to do check database and also repair database under "MySQL Databases" section/option. The first came back OK, the second came back with "The storage engine for the table doesn't support repair". After multiple restores, I decided to back everything up, including the MySQL database (not intuitive at all). What I noticed was that cPanel reported the database to be about 46 MB, but when it was downloaded as a backup copy (prior to renaming the database, that's when the backup option was displayed), there was only about 3 MB. I don't know what went missing or if there was a file size discrepancy reported between the cPanel and the actual file.

I then deleted the Drupal installation along with the database to make sure there could be a clean install and start fresh. But the problem still persisted. It seems that the errors I am receiving are probably from MySQL server itself holding onto a bad cache of my website or something?

X10Hosting, could you look into this SQL database problem so that I can bring the website back up? Also, how would one restore the backup SQL database? It's also not intuitive to restore the SQL database from . Thanks.

Updates
======
While waiting for some official reply from X10 Hosting, I decided to wipe out my entire root directory and attempt to rebuild the website. I now run into the following error: Fatal error: Class 'PDO' not found in /home/cantonwi/public_html/includes/database/database.inc on line 187
Of course, PHP 5.5 was selected as default and PDO extension was checked under Select PHP Version. Researching the issue with Google searching shows that extension might not be enabled and a php.ini is required to rectify the issue, but it's moot due to the Select PHP Version.

I stumbled upon R1Soft ability to restore the SQL database just like the website files (one icon over to the right, how I missed this, I don't know). However, I run into this problem that was logged:
4/7/18 4:17:35 AM Error Manager Encountered errors upgrading temporary instance
4/7/18 4:17:35 AM Error Manager Version check failed. Got the following error when calling the 'mysql' command line client
4/7/18 4:17:35 AM Error Manager ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
4/7/18 4:17:35 AM Error Manager FATAL ERROR: Upgrade failed

Ugh. Endless problems.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.